We are currently looking for the right individual to join an organization that believes in delivering exceptional, customized services to clients. Geneva Global is an innovative social enterprise that works with clients to maximize the performance of their philanthropic and social impact initiatives. We provide a wide range of services to philanthropists, foundations, and corporations to help them achieve their philanthropy and social impact goals.
As Finance Director, you will be part of the Corporate Team reporting to the CFO/COO. This position is for some one who enjoys being able to work both as a leader and envision the financial systems from the 30,000 foot view as well as participate in "the weeds" of the day to day needs of the organization. This role is comprised of 3 primary functions; Financial Management; IT & Technology Systems Management and Compliance.
We are seeking a candidate who can deliver on the following:
- Manage the financial operations of GGI and related entities, ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and adhered to, develop Accounting Policy & Procedures manual
- Reviewing & Issuing timely and complete financial statements with analysis to ensure accurate information has been recorded to the Sr Mgmt Team
- Creating and disseminating business analysis tools such as Customer Profitability Analysis, Utilization & Realization Reports to Managers; business modeling
- Creation of Process Flows for Accounting
- Cash Management, some potential investment management, develop & manage cash forecasting system
- Creation of annual budgets and ongoing forecasts for the organization
- Lead and coach the Accounting staff including overseas staff; ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and external teamwork and customer service.
- Working throughout organization to provide capacity building, reporting and direction to all staff
- Creation of financial reports for board meetings for non-profit related entities and clients
- Work with external CPA firm to ensure that audits and IRS filings are completed on a timely basis
- Selection and migration to new accounting system
- Oversight of org IT systems with support from external vendors & internal staff
- Ongoing review of IT needs, planning, working with external IT consultant
- Recommendations for new software solutions & upgrades to enhance business productivity & efficiency
- Systems Integration
- Comply with local, state & federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Create & maintain an internal database for Implementing Partner financial statement monitoring
- Risk management, oversee annual insurance renewals, identify coverage needs, gaps, etc.work in collaboration with General Counsel
- Ensure that financial reporting complies with GAAP or IFRS as needed
- Ensure that all org tax and compliance filings are made on a timely basis
In addition to demonstrating these traits, qualified candidates will:
- Have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the accounting field (mid career)
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience managing staff
- Experience with both non-profit and for-profit/professional services accounting methods highly desirable; either working in an organization or as a public accountant who has audited these types of organizations
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA and or MBA highly desired
- Be detail oriented, self-motivated, proactive, have a mindset of continuous improvement
- Be skilled users of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and have knowledge of the Office 365 platform including SharePoint
- Have a service orientation and ability to quickly identify problems and work through to resolution either alone or within a team environment
Please note that this position may require some occasional international travel
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. References will be requested later in the process.
Please do not contact us directly. Screening for this role will begin in January 2018 and we will reach out directly to those candidates with whom we are interested in speaking.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship not available.
No Recruiters Please