Date: October 2017
Job Title: Second shift Receiving Facilitator
Location: Reno Service Center
Reports to: Receiving Manager
The Second Shift Receiving Facilitator is responsible for all evening receiving and stocking operations. This position’s primary will focus will be on functions at the Reno Service Center that support evening outbound operations, but will also facilitate inventory moves between the Service Center and offsite storage locations, and will assist in Receiving operations when necessary. Additional responsibilities associated with this position will include the training of temporary labor and regular Patagonia staff, hiring staff in conjunction with seasonal demands, overseeing operations associated with their shift and communicating departmental information both internally and externally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate the efforts of the receiving and stocking teams to ensure smooth flow of product to the reserve and active pick locations.
- Encourage co-workers to analyze problems, investigate and obtain information to generate alternative solutions and make decisions.
- Encourage co-workers to recognize and handle problems as quickly and as constructively as possible.
- Ensure that a safe work environment is provided for everyone. Provide safety training as necessary, topic including safe lifting, industrial equipment operation, emergency evacuation procedures, etc.
- Coordinate the flow of shipments and daily priorities with the first shift Facilitator and Department Supervisor.
- Participate in process improvement activities, drive continuous improvement at the shift, department and facility level.
- Work with Inventory Control and Shipping department when issues arise to ensure that customer needs can be met.
- Provide hands-on leadership in all areas of receiving / processing or put away / replenishment as necessary.
- Prepare and present information to the swing shift receiving staff each day to ensure co-workers are kept informed of daily workload, goals and objectives, and announcements.
- Act as a resource for the resolution of technical problems within the department.
- Generate written end-of shift recap that summarizes all challenges faced and highlights all successes achieved during the shift. Provide actionable feedback for the next shift as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with the other departments regarding workloads and staffing.
- Provide the department manager / department supervisor with information about co-workers’ quality and quantity of work, offer suggestions and recommend action when necessary.
- Generate weekly volume reports for stocking and receiving associated to second shift.
- Act as back-up for receiving office admin.
- Communicate with first shift to maintain adequate supplies for the department.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Able to work closely with others in a team oriented approach.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is expected.
- Ability to effectively communicate to co-workers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Willingness to help in other departments during slower work periods.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- AS/400 experience helpful.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ability to show a high degree of leadership qualities.
- Experience in supervising several employees at one time, including temporary and seasonal help.
- Knowledge of all procedures associated with the packing of merchandise for all divisions of Patagonia.
- Ability to effectively mentor a group of Merchandise Processors.
- Flexibility in a changing work environment.
- PC computer skills. Microsoft Word and Excel experience desirable.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
- 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM Sunday-Thursday. Must be willing to work other days of the week if necessary.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as seasonal volume may affect the number of hours (higher/lower) necessary to complete the workload for the day.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.