San Francisco, CA | Legal Team | Reports to Co-CEO
Where do we need help?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to create thoughtfully designed products that deliver comfort through renewable materials and superb product development. We are a global business with an expansive supply chain, and multi-channel and international sales, and legal complexities to match. The Corporate Counsel will be our first internal lawyer and will play a vital role in managing the multitude of legal needs we encounter.
What does the job entail?
- Liaising with external counsel across intellectual property, commercial, employment, real estate, corporate (including equity and debt financings), and other legal needs;
- Negotiating and drafting contracts with third parties for various commercial needs such as procurement, real estate, and others;
- Leading the development of a thoughtful and proactive approach to intellectual property protection, prosecution, and litigation as needed;
- Managing compliance in a multi-state, and international environment for both corporate and retail needs;
- Handling litigation strategy and execution, as needed;
- Maintaining corporate governance best practices in terms of internal processes and legal structuring matters;
- Managing employment issues across corporate and retail positions;
- Identification of key risk areas and mitigate through development of sensible policies and processes.
What might describe you?
You are an experienced lawyer, likely with a background in litigation, and a balanced view of risk management and streamlining business processes. You are a:
- Litigator with a keen ability to ‘see the future’ and implement appropriate protections across matters affecting employment, supply chain, IP, and others;
- In-house counsel at a company that manufactures physical goods and maintains soft intellectual property associated with a brand, with previous experience at a reputable law firm;
- Experienced lawyer with a J.D., and 7+ years as a barred attorney
- Preferably someone with experience managing an IP portfolio for a global brand
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes