Looking to join a fast-paced, mission-driven company? Ellevate Network is the leading community for professional women, focused on providing smart, ambitious and successful women with a community they can lean on and learn from. We believe in the positive impact of women in business; our mission is to help women advance in the workplace, both for themselves and the greater good. We strive to change the culture of business from the inside out - by investing in women.
Located in NYC, we are looking for an intern to join our rapidly growing team and company. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven candidate with a passion for problem-solving, relationship building, customer service and creating change in the business world. Candidates that are right for this position are self-starters with an unquenchable thirst for learning and an innate ability to adapt to any and all situations. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Help a small, hands-on, team of smart and successful individuals on the day-to-day management of a global professional women’s network
- Gain work experience in a fast-growing start up
- Gain a deep understanding of Ellevate Network’s platform, products, and messaging as well as contribute to the development of new products
- Hands-on experience in event planning, communications and media management, marketing strategy and execution, customer service, community management and more
- The opportunity to influence content and provide creative input on Ellevate programming (polls, podcasts, events, live webinars, articles, etc.) - we want your perspective!
- Daily management of key Ellevate Network online programs and benefits
- Creating content for Ellevate Network, including writing and editing articles, social media posts, graphics, etc.
- Assisting with social media management for Ellevate Network
- Managing operations and logistics for Ellevate events in NYC, including attending events and helping on-site. Events are usually after-work on weekdays
What's In It for You
- Join a small, collaborative, tight-knit B Corp with a big mission: closing the gender achievement gap.
- Fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to attend networking and speaker events
- Access to Ellevate Network resources and online content
- Have an impact on gender disparity in the workplace
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing company based in NYC
- Collaborative environment with highly accountable teammates
- Shared open office space equipped with wine fridge, cold brew on draft/ free coffee, and Bagel Fridays
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Patient and professional demeanor, positive attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency and excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and different tasks
- Must be able to attend Ellevate Network events, usually after-work on weekdays (typically one per week)
- Must have own laptop
The internship can be part-time or full-time.