Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administration of all employee benefits including health, vision, dental, FSA, Disability, Life Insurance, 401k, leave administration and wellness. The Benefits Manager surveys industry to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits. This position installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Planning, implementation and day to day management of all global benefit plans, including, 401K, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability programs, FSA, and wellness benefits.
- Lead and oversee the annual benefits plan design and open enrollment processes.
- Lead the design of the benefits-related components of the company's HRIS system. Ensure process is developed for all information required to be sent to vendors from HRIS
- Communicate plan provisions, structure and changes on an ongoing basis
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation and broker assistance, required benefits documentation
- Consult with insurance brokers to obtain trend data, benefit and plan design offerings, as well as costs; respond to insurance proposals and make recommendations for benefit offering changes.
- Oversee and prepare all regulatory filings and audit activity including 5500s, discrimination testing, ACA reporting, and SPDs.
- Ensure compliance with benefit regulations (US Federal, Local, state and country) and
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Administer all leaves across the company.
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or other related field
- 8 - 10 years of benefits administration experience
- Technical expert is all areas of benefits administration and compliance
- Detail oriented
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Experience in project management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!