Job Title: eCommerce Business Analyst Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager, eCommerce
Location: Ventura, CA
The eCommerce Business Analyst intern will assist the eCommerce team with planning, testing and support of the Patagonia.com site.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support for the Patagonia.com site assisting with daily testing and validation of features across the site.
- Collaborate with project managers and sponsors to support future Patagonia.com initiatives including the creation of development stories and work to solve any defects.
- Gain an understanding of eCommerce technology and the industry.
- Perform special eCommerce mini projects at the request of upper management.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in progress with a preference on candidates in these majors:
Technology: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems
Business: Business, Operations.
- Classes in technology programming, business analytics, and business process.
- Strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- Experience, interest and aptitude in technology.
- Sharp analytical mind.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about eCommerce.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience with web development
- Experience writing and/or testing agile user stories
- Experience with quality assurance (QA)
- Understanding of the system development life cycles (SDLC)
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7th, 2018.