Date: December 2017
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager of Human Resources
Location: Reno, NV
The Human Resources intern will support the department in various tasks and gain an understanding of the business as it relates to engaging, attracting, and retaining the most talented people in the industry. They will also support the department with key projects during their time with the Company.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with many aspects of Human Resources including training and development, payroll and benefits, and full cycle recruiting
- Assist with administrative tasks such as managing employee files and documents, and helping out with New Hire Orientation
- Data Analytics: produce and analyze reports to assist with business needs
- Performing research on various strategies and initiatives – this includes reaching out to internal stakeholders, documenting and summarizing the findings
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College Degree in progress in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Business or other HR-related disciplines
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources
- Strong experience in all Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This is a 12-week paid summer internship at Patagonia. Patagonia will also provide financial support for housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until January 7st, 2018.