IT Support Technician job in White River Junction
Vacancy has expired
This position reports to the IS Support Supervisor. As a member of the IS Support team he/she will provide end-user support, routine maintenance of computers, phone and servers and infrastructure support. Provides IT education and training to end users. Works on special projects as needed.
End User Support:
· Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems.
· Act as resource for end users throughout the organization regarding software and hardware issues.
· Travel to off-site communities when needed.
· Train staff.
· Present a professional demeanor with a strong emphasis on customer service.
· Triage issues that may come in via phone, ticket, email or walk-ins.
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
· Install/configure new computers/telephones.
· Repair/upgrade PC hardware/software.
· Troubleshoot printers, scanners and copiers.
· Assist with maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies (i.e. cables, adapters, etc.).
· Install and maintain cabling as requested.
· Research, learn and evaluate new software.
· Update infrastructure mapping documentation.
· Create and maintain network login accounts
· Reset passwords, change group memberships, etc
· Provide backup to Systems Administrator
Performs other duties as assigned:
· Attend department and KAF-wide staff meetings.
· May provide media and technical set-up support for meetings or special events as needed.
· Assist supervisor with special projects as needed.
· Fill in for supervisor during vacations or leaves.
· Performs other duties as required.
· A degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field or certification as IT Technician will be considered in place of a degree (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
· Minimum of 5 years of experience providing IT Support.
· Excellent PC/Mac skills including MS Office Suite 2016 or Office 365 experience preferred.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently
· Must possess a technical aptitude to troubleshoot phone and computer equipment/issues.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.