Cafe Associate (full-time and part-time positions)
Reports to Café Team Leader/Café Manager
This position is in our café located at Baker Berry Library at Dartmouth College. As a Café Associate, you are an ambassador for King Arthur Flour, sharing our passion for artisan food and coffee, while delivering outstanding service to our customers. In our fast-paced work environment, we provide the highest level of customer care in support of King Arthur's brand and mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Greet and acknowledge customers.
- Provide a positive experience for each customer specific to their needs.
- Assist customers in their selections.
- Operate the cash register; it should be the goal to use the register without error and be consistently accurate in money handling.
- Maintain the café's appearance by straightening, cleaning, and replenishing.
- Rotate through zones in the café
- Ensure adherence to all food and workplace regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Communicate consistently and clearly with your café team, shift leaders, and managers.
- Report to work on time or notify the lead in charge by phone and email in advance if absent or late.
- Have compassion, respect and common courtesy for all people.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude.
- Practice safety consciousness at all times.
- Take advantage of additional training opportunities that are offered.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced high volume environment
- Positive attitude
- Required experience in a retail/food service related field
- Footwear must be closed toed, non-slip shoes
- Socks must be worn
- Long pants, skirt or shorts required
- Clean King Arthur Flour T-shirt (provided) or approved clothing
- Name tag (provided)
- Clean black apron (provided)
- Hairnet, chef hat, or Bake hat must be worn (provided)
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs