Marketing Director job in London
Vacancy has expired
Award-winning for our great-tasting chocolate and as pioneers of Fairtrade, social enterprise & sustainability, Divine are seeking a Marketing Director who can harness the power of chocolate to delight and engage consumers and trade customers around the world.
We're looking for a creative and commercial marketer with experience in launching innovation, digital marketing, and developing challenger brand campaigns. You will lead a team passionate about premium chocolate and delivering real benefits to cocoa farmers in Ghana.
You'll play a lead role in growing and developing the business as a member of the senior management team. Your contribution will enable us to maximise our unique position in the market and take the company to the next level in terms of awareness, engagement and sales.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
We proudly run most of our marketing in-house to develop grass-roots campaigns, as well as working with trusted agency partners on larger scale campaigns.
The team also work closely with the U.S. office and with the operations team who service distributors in a diverse range of export markets, such as Sweden, Japan, Australia & South Korea.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Global marketing strategy development, implementation and delivery
- Build and cultivate relationships with external agencies, key partners and shareholders
- Develop Divine online presence including UK e-commerce
- Partner with UK Sales team to develop trade marketing for key customers and channels
- Tracking and evaluation against KPIs, campaigns and market trends in UK and USA
- Manage and mentor the UK marketing team, as well as overseeing the marketing team in Divine USA
- Consumer and category champion in the New Product Development process
- Develop unique and exciting plans to launch innovation to trade, press and consumers
- Owner of the Divine Global brand guidelines
- Spokesperson for Divine Chocolate as appropriate
Essential skills and knowledge:
- 5+ years’ FMCG/retail marketing experience
- Understanding and validated experience of how to build brands through consistency and focused execution
- Ability to utilise social media techniques and innovative routes to market
- Strong team working and project management skills, combined with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to see the big picture with a pragmatic/flexible approach to delivery (fully understanding the practicalities of a small business)
- Good understanding of the UK Multiple Grocery sector. Knowledge of other channels, such as foodservice, would be a big asset
- Strong analytical ability alongside knowledge of category management
- University degree or equivalent
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Experience of premium, food/drink and/or ‘challenger brand’ marketing
- Experience of international sales and marketing, particularly in USA
- You will fully embody and role model Divine values: Respect, Teamwork, Ownership, Creativity
- Focused on results and driven, with a track record of delivering to plan
- Clear and logical thinker with strong numeric ability, supported by a rounded commercial awareness
- Relish working in a small company, able to deliver both strategy and hands-on execution
- Enthusiastic and confident, with strong verbal and presentational skills
- Committed to the role that Divine plays in empowering small scale farmers
- Personable, fun, with excellent partnership skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.