San Francisco, CA | Analytics Team | Reports to the Director, Analytics
Where we need help:
We’re growing at a very fast pace. As such, it has become increasingly challenging to keep up with the velocity and volume of data we are generating. We need this role to collect, organize and analyze this data to help the business to make data driven decisions.
What does the job entail?
- Perform data analysis to uncover sales trends, customer insights, website efficiencies, marketing effectiveness and to measure various KPIs
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for multiple departments
- Create and maintain time series forecast for units and revenue by products, by geography by and customer type
- Create and maintain statistical model for Marketing mix effectiveness, Customer segments
- Analyze web site data and conversion funnel
- Create and maintain digital marketing attribution model
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Naturally curious and keen observer
- Understands business and is able to transform a business problem into a research problem and then into a meaningful hypothesis to test.
- Not afraid of pulling/working with big datasets and confident in making safe assumptions where data is not available.
- Good judge of what analysis technique to apply in what situation. Applies creativity when a standard method does not exist for a particular situation.
- Ability to infer and clearly communicate results to the business owners.
- Becomes a trusted partner to cross functional stakeholders.
- Can be a bridge between when Analytics overlaps with Tech.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent in mathematics, computer science, economics or related fields
- Working knowledge of database querying using SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and/or R
- Experience working in dashboarding tools like Qlik, Tableau or similar
- Experience in building/applying statistical model/advanced statistical technique of drawing causal inferences in both experimental and non-experimental situations
- Ecommerce or fashion apparel experience is a plus (not mandatory)
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes