Mechanical Designer - Freelance job in Petaluma
Vacancy has expired
Our every action has an impact on the well-being of our planet and our everyday decisions can help create a better world for all. World Centric certified compostable tableware, cutlery and food packaging provides eco-friendly alternatives to everyday consumption choices, which can help minimize social & economic inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption on the environment and help create a better and sustainable world.
World Centric started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. We offset all our carbon emissions and donate a minimum 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations.
- Audit existing mechanical solutions and relevant IP protection
- Translate customer, manufacturing, and marketing requirements into an engineered product solution
- Develop mechanical dispensing concepts presented in 2D to 3D CAD modeling/drawings demonstrating solutions
- Design all components using design tools that meet specific requirements of manufacturing suppliers
- Collaborate with stakeholders on testing and ranking of actual prototypes to provide analysis
- Support the proposed solution with part drawings, 3D detailed assembly drawings, part specifications, and an engineering BOM
- Additional non-essential capabilities desired in tooling and prototyping