Research & Policy Executive job in London
Vacancy has expired
Productivity & Innovation
Role: Research & Policy Executive
Reporting to: Director of Regulatory & Policy
We are looking for dynamic and committed research and policy professional to support our regulatory, partnerships and policy work.
Who are we?
Yoti is a global technology company (founded in 2014) whose aim is to be the world’s trusted identity system. Our passionate team works to improve the way people share their personal information. Innovative products, like the Yoti smartphone app, help people to prove who they are and confirm who other people are, online and in person. Our product is here to fight against fraud and build a secure identity system for individuals as well as businesses. We are a company who are pushing the boundaries of technology for a safer world.
- Research new policies, regulation, acccreditations, ethical issues for Yoti’s business growth and Yoti Guardians Council
- Work with key external stakeholders to build recognition of the Yoti platform (across Government departments, agencies, NGOs, sector and industry bodies)
- Drafting papers and consultation responses and acting as a point of contact
- Support Growth & Partnerships team in terms of up to date policy and regulatory detail
- Develop content for Yoti.com around policy, regulation and ethics framework development (with support from the web team at Yoti) e.g. blogs, FAQs
- Support Yoti’s presence at conferences around the world (this may involve UK and international travel)
- Organise and provide support at Yoti hosted events for stakeholders - this may span NGOs, consumer or transparency bodies, non profits, academia
- Implement an effective contact programme, using in-house CRM effectively
Skill set and experience required
- Proven track record in researching policy, legal, regulatory and technology topics in a public affairs, public policy or paralegal capacity with a track record of successfully delivering outputs that meet project objectives
- Track record of managing complex stakeholders across a number of industry sectors; comfortable with and experienced in working with senior figures
- Embrace new challenges willingly and get stuck in.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences
- Ability to judge the needs of internal customers and external stakeholders demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment with competing demands
- Flexible, commercial mindset, enthusiastic to support new businesses acquisition.
- Experience of managing internal events and coordinating presence at external events.
- Knowledge of and experience of using a CRM
Positive - you’ve got a can-do attitude: you lift spirits, are friendly & fun, and try to always face challenges with a smile.
Transparent - you are open, honest, straightforward and considerate in your communications with people.
Committed - you never give up and find solutions where others see problems. You regularly go the extra mile, and encourage others to be as reliable as you are.
Collaborative - you’re both an active participant and listener. You’re respectful of others, communicate constructively and willingly lend a hand to help others when needed.
Champion - you’re a believer in Yoti, our purpose, and our principles. You give your best for the team and the product and you’re happy for the world to know it.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- 5 fully paid Selfie Days - for your own personal development: volunteering, charity events, take a driving test!
- Brand new state of the art offices
- Large chill out area - we call it The Park - Table Tennis and Table Football Table
- Friday drinks
- Team Events
- Learning - conferences, events, courses
For further information and to see how Yoti works, head to our website: https://www.yoti.com/
This is a full-time role based at Yoti’s London offices. The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Pleases contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.