Company: Walden is a 3-year old mission-driven startup with a mission of reinvigorating local agricultural economies, in support of healthier animals, soils, and communities. We market and distribute sustainable meat that you can truly feel good about - from a health, economic, environmental and ethical perspective. With both a consumer retail and wholesale business, we have significant market traction as the leading direct to consumer-branded meat in the Northeast, with a vision of replicating our model in other metropolitan areas.
Role: Walden is seeking a Manager who will be responsible for the distribution and inventory teams and ensuring the efficiency of operations. Adept at making quick decisions in a fast-paced evolving environment to maintain productivity and meet goals. Specialize in setting production objectives managing staff and resolving issues.
- Manage multiple departments
- Monitoring staff performance and provide motivation
- Supervise inventory movement and accountability
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
- Review forecasts and allocate resources to successfully complete objectives
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all associates to adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Hire, train, and manage a small staff including, but not limited to, providing input on hiring, training, evaluating, and developing team members
- Drive performance and process changes to drive operational efficiency and quality customer service
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience managing people and teams (4+ years), preferably in logistics/distribution-focused role
- Proven communications and organizational abilities
- Hands-on, "get-it-done" attitude; comfortable taking ownership and executing changes based on sound research; must also be able to adapt quickly and make changes in short period of time in start-up environment
- Ability to analyze, root cause and report up issues effectively
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach; service-oriented
- BS degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain… or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of related experience working in management, warehouse, or logistics capacity
- 3-4 years supervisory/management experience
- Highly detail-oriented with experience with developing/documenting procedures
- Email and Microsoft Office Proficiency (i.e. excel, word, PowerPoint, etc).
Valued attributes and skills:
- Detail driven
- Passion for our mission and sustainable agriculture/food
- Food industry knowledge
- Willingness to get hands dirty and jump in to do whatever needs to get done
- Experience at a startup or young company
- Excellent communicator & ability to deliver customer service above and beyond expectations
- Creative, problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of Six-Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing techniques
Commensurate with experience, plus bonus, healthcare, 401(k), vacation, and other benefits. If interested, please email a cover letter & resume.