WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE –Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a Manager, Travel Risk and Client Experience to support in minimizing risk and maximizing the safety of our programs, while assuming the lead role when minor/major issues arise while participants are overseas. We are looking for someone who is hard working, with experience in problem-solving, risk management and parent communications to join the Coordination Department at ME to WE.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
- Responsible for creating and delivering ongoing and quarterly training sessions to ensure coordinators, trip facilitators, and overseas staff are fully aware of the Risk Management policies and procedures
- Provide one on one call shadowing with coordinators (routinely with new staff, quarterly with experienced coordinators)
- Regularly support with Engagement Team call times to provide coaching and support with handling difficult conversations
- Support with Trips Training (developing and presenting trainings, supporting with scenario training)
- Proactively communicate with parents, educators, youth and other stakeholders regarding health issues to assess their specific needs
- Communicate with parents, educators, youth, and other stakeholders regarding the safety and security of ME to WE Trips programming
- Routinely review quality of Coordinators’ Risk Management tasks and provide coaching on improvement
- Work closely with country teams (in India, Kenya, Tanzania, China, Ecuador, Nicaragua, and USA) to ensure highest level of safety is being adhered to throughout ME to WE Trips programs
- Responsible for weekly reporting and analysis of team progress on risk management priorities, ensuring they are accurate and complete.
- Report to and work with the Associate Director of Risk Management to ensure alignment of team focuses and program expectations to ensure we are providing all clients with a safe and seamless experience
- Monitor travel advisories for heightened security, political or environmental unrest in the countries to which ME to WE travels
- Proactively provide internal and external messaging on potential concerns to travellers
- Produce and regularly review documentation on ME to WE Trips safety and security policies and procedures
- Create and review proactive policies on proactively supporting ME to WE Trips clients and stakeholders
- Analyze data from reports and surveys (both internal and external) to make improvements to our Risk Management policies
- Problem-solve scenarios as they arise domestically and overseas in consultation with the Associate Director of Risk Management and Director, Client Experience and Travel Operations
- Be available for the On-Call Emergency Team. This is a rotation of shifts that operate day and night to oversee communication between country teams, trip facilitators and participant family members. Length of shifts are dependent on the season and shifts to encompass some evening, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Provide immediate support to youth travellers, trip facilitators, and country teams during times of emergency (issues may include: minor and major health issues, travel logistics, participant behavioural and mental health issues, environmental and political issues, etc.)
- Demonstrate on the highest level, judgement and decision making in particular determining what/when issues need to be escalated to the Associate Director of Risk Management and Director, Client Experience and Travel Operations
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation/reporting of all issues
- Provide support with opening travel insurance claims during times of participant illness/incident while overseas
- Support with communication strategy when any significant domestic or international crisis occur
- Assist the ME to WE Trips Coordination Team with airport arrivals and departures
- Liaise with the Quality & Development team to ensure our facilitation staff are adequately supported throughout their experience
- Actively analyze processes to improve efficiency and quality of programs
- Work alongside ME to WE Trips Coordinators, Domestic Programs Coordinator and Administrative Coordinators to ensure the accuracy and quality of the client’s experience
- Assist the various ME to WE Trips teams with calls in relation to Risk Management items and departmental priorities
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
What you bring:
- Ideal candidate would have previous experience in Youth focused recreation programs (such as overnight camps, day camps, travel programs, after school programs, day cares, community centres, etc.); Risk management implementation; International Travel experience (group travel is ideal); Teaching, coaching, education, mentorship, facilitation, program coordination, etc.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related field
- Proven ability to problem solve and multi-task during high-stress situations
- Sound judgment, decision-making and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, highly organized, and demonstrated professionalism
- Previous experience providing client care and/or customer service
- Calm and confident demeanor, strong ability to develop rapport with both youth and adults over phone and email
- Experience working with basic word processing
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.