WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others. WE –Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a Travel Specialist within the Corporate & Family Division of ME to WE. Reporting to the Director of the Office of the CEO. The incumbent is an articulate, personable, professional, self-motivated team player with proven past success in and passion for travel sales and client relationship building. The Travel Specialist is knowledgeable, and recognizes that successful trips have everything to do with the details.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
Special Experiences Channel Lead:
- Maintain an up-to-date account of your team’s sales, pipeline, activities, and closes, reporting insights to the Director weekly.
- Develop the Special Experiences Annual Plan with input from the Director, and report progress against the annual plan regularly.
- Execute the department’s sales strategy, tracking results and have an ability to quickly develop creative new strategies with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Check-in daily with the Engagement Manager, Special Experience, to manage the progress of trip files, ensuring that all files and to-dos are actioned in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Provide structured feedback and coaching, listen in on calls, create sales trainings, and mentor staff to ensure they meet or exceed goals – create a positive sales culture within the team.
- Liaise with other departments, including the Executive office and Business Development, to generate leads and strengthen pipeline, maintain quality control with internal and external leads.
- Ensure all steps of the engagement process and diligent use of our client management tool Salesforce.
- Drive the creation of necessary marketing materials.
Corporate and Family Trips Engagement:
- Prepare customized trip and travel experiences for clients, including customized itineraries, costing, and enhancements/add-ons (additional safaris, coastal visits, etc.)
- Primary focus will be on expanding business and building and maintaining relationships.
- Build customized itineraries and extensions based on client needs.
- Respond to leads, engage on the phone and via email to meet individual and team annual sales targets.
- Maintain a consistently high standard of customer engagement and relationship building with maturity and professionalism, focusing on high-touch relationships and meaningful conversation.
- Sell flights and insurance.
- Prepare handover documentations for trip fulfillment coordinators such that the level of service you have established can be maintained throughout trip registration and in country.
- Develop and maintain flawless Salesforce habits; record keeping in Salesforce is a must.
- Host presentations and attend events (We Days in particular) and speaking engagements for the purpose of networking and promoting ME to WE Trips (may include some evenings, weekends and travel); have the opportunity to cultivate new prospects especially in the group segment.
- Establish customer satisfaction and loyalty with our existing clients through post-trip follow up, supporting travellers through continued engagement with ME to WE and WE Charity, and seeking referrals for future trip engagement.
- Consistently look for and execute on opportunities to cross sell other Me to We products and services.
- Find personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of sales work, embracing and cultivating the ME to WE culture.
- Answer client questions ongoing prior to trip departure.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the travel industry
- Expertise in East Africa, South America and South Asia is a bonus
- Personal passion for travel and travel consulting in particular
- A proven affinity for selling
- Strong communication skills, oral and written- and you understand that the best communicators are also the best listeners
- Formal presentation skills
- The ability to work to deadlines, and to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- An instinct for team playing and the desire to be part of a successful, hardworking, results- oriented and supportive team
- An engaging personality both over the phone and in person
- The ability to be flexible- some evenings and weekends will be required
- A proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision- be a self- starter able to time manage and multi-task
- Strong ability to think creatively
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability
- An affinity for technology and experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word,
- PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of Salesforce is an asset
- Willingness to obtain TICO certification (if candidate has not yet been certified)
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.