WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others. WE –Making doing good, doable.
The ME to WE Coordination Team is seeking a dynamic, hardworking, and highly motivated individual with strong organizational and customer service skills to join our department as Coordinator, Client Experience. This individual will help to empower youth travelling on ME to WE trips and be responsible for their overall Guest Experience. As such, this individual will manage a portfolio of youth participants travelling on international volunteer trips, which will require them to build relationships with youth, parents and educators through phone conversations, email correspondence, and presentations.
The success of the Me to We Coordination Team is measured by the quality of customer service and the safety and efficiency of each program. The ME to WE Coordination Team seeks a strong leader who will continually strengthen these objectives and strive for constant improvement of these life-changing experiences for ME to WE participants.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
- Work alongside fellow ME to WE Client Experience Coordinators and Production Coordinators to ensure the accuracy and quality of the client’s experience.
- Report to and consult with the Business Unit Manager.
- Answer questions about ME to WE’s School & Youth experiences from interested youth and parents.
- Provide support with additional programs within the Coordination Team.
- Proactively reach out to all clients to ensure their trip coordination timelines are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Respond to all client inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide engaging and comforting pre-departure presentations to large groups of external stakeholders, confidently communicating the logistics and safety details of your client’s ME to WE Trip.
- Speak with participants and family members about sensitive topics (for example, dietary or medical needs) in order to best support them on their trip.
- Become an expert on the trip destinations within your portfolio.
- Consistently seek to go above and beyond the client’s expectations to provide them with an outstanding experience.
- Follow up with evaluations of our programming, offer a support network for participants after the trip in consultation with the trip facilitation team, and host feedback phone or in-person conversations with group leaders, parents and participants.
- Work with external stakeholders (parents, participants and group leaders) and country teams to provide tailored programs that enhance the leadership development and volunteerism of the international experience.
- Assist in the overall coordination of an international trip by ensuring that client files are maintained with consistent accuracy throughout the life-cycle of planning a trip.
- Assist in the preparation of our ME to WE Facilitators pre-trip by hosting a thorough pre-trip briefing, and providing ME to WE Facilitators will all resources and information to ensure the success and safety of the trip.
- Ensure the timely payment of all trip experiences through the collection, processing and financial management of each client’s account.
- Closely collaborate with country offices, facilitators and group leaders to customize the pre-trip experience based on the needs and goals of the group.
- Assist in the preparation of our country offices through the accurate recording of all trip and participant specific medical, travel and logistics related information.
- Collect all passport, medical, health insurance and dietary information from participants prior to the trip departure.
- Track all steps of the trip coordination process and record all client correspondence utilizing our client management tool – Salesforce.
- Ongoing processing, tracking and reconciliation of all payments by trip participants.
- Providing weekly trip status and financial updates to your manager.
What you bring:
- Experience working in a customer service role, with a focus on providing a positive customer experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills
- Keen interest in logistics and coordination
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills through academic, professional or personal life
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player and work well independently
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Possess a post-secondary degree, preferably in Political Science, Economics, International Development/Relations, or another related field
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and knowledge of databases
- International travel experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- TICO certified – Travel Industry Council of Ontario (ME to WE will provide training and certification if the successful candidate does not currently hold this certification)
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.