Position Title: Senior Recruiting Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Supervisory Responsibility: Not responsible for supervising others.
Reports To: HR Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and models company culture. Works to build community among department staff and with other departments, including stores and support offices.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates dependability, organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
- Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
- Observes all rules and policies as listed in the company Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official company document or manual.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
- Work with Staffing Department to execute a staffing strategy which includes developing relationships with community partners, staffing agencies, educational institutions and other organizations ensuring a consistent pipeline and flow of applicants. Manages relationships with external recruiters and search firms.
- Works with the Staffing Department to maintain a robust and pro-active recruiting process. Sources and hires the most qualified candidates in a reasonable time frame.
- Consults with hiring managers and HR Assistant Managers[RS4] on store specific recruitment needs and sourcing strategies. Sources and screens candidates for stores as needed.
- Sources and screens candidates for store support positions as needed.
- Continued maintenance and upkeep of all recruiting and onboarding documents, adapting for new company policies, procedures and/or local/national laws[RS5]. Re-design as needed for updated branding/imaging.
- Partner with HR Systems and Process Specialist as the regional expert and administrator of the Applicant Tracking System and ensure that it aligns with Staffing practices and procedures.
- Facilitates training and presentations related to staffing and interviewing.
- Manages and maintains requisition and interview documentation according to federal, state and local statutes.
- Participates in the annual talent review process, partnering with leadership teams to identify trends, benchmarks and specific staff growth opportunities
- Partner across regions, brands and operational teams to support continued improvement on overall workforce strategies such as talent reviews, succession planning and strategic hiring plans that serve current and future business needs.
- Partner with Training Department in the administration and implementation of new regional training programs. Updates training materials and check-lists as needed.
- Follow up with managers to support on-the-job training[DP7]. [RS8]
- Maintain system of record keeping for all staff training and learning management systems.
- Supports the HR Manager on special projects related to overall company and region-specific human resource initiatives.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, team building and the development of people at all levels.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience sourcing, interviewing and hiring management and store leadership level positions required.
- Multi-site retail experience strongly preferred and/or grocery industry experience a plus.
- Previous human resource experience preferred with at least 1 year of responsibility doing significant recruiting work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related fields or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with behavior-based interviewing strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems. Experience working with HRIS and other related HR software a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of social media and external job board recruiting methods required, with ability for continued learning and exploration of recruiting resources.
- Demonstrated project management skills with an ability to manager and deliver multiple and complex projects cross-functionally by collaborating with others across regions and brands.
- Experience with and comfortable in creating and delivering presentation to both internal and external audiences
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
- Skills to plan, prioritize and organize work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required, with ability to travel regularly to store locations and other sites throughout the Northern California/Bay Area. Travel to Portland or Seattle regions may be required.
- Light work level
- Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
- Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
- Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
- Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market/ New Leaf Community Markets reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.