GENERAL SUMMARY:Executive Director of Ecommerce will be responsible for overseeing Walden University’s web presence and prospect experience with a focus on providing prospective student an understanding of all Walden has to offer. Delivering a seamless experience and valuable appropriate content throughout the prospect journey across devices, regions and areas of interest.The Executive Director of Ecommerce is responsible for a significant portion of Walden’s growth through key web strategies applied to Walden University’s website, WaldenU.edu. WaldenU.edu is a significant voice and point of action for Walden University’s brand so the ED of Ecommerce operates as key leader in a highly matrixed organization, playing a pivotal role in translating business needs into an actionable, digital marketing strategy. Growth will not rely on media spend but will be purely strategic and must come in the way of conversion rate optimization, organic search engine visibility and a seamless, integrated user experience applied across multiple platforms, products, markets and channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Primary responsibilities of the position:
- Create a custom and personal experience for the 1,000,000+ visitors to Walden’s website regardless of their location, device, interest or level of intent
- Manage budget a team of 10+ consisting of digital marketers, content strategists and web developers to deliver consistent Year over Year growth
- Report on key web strategies and full funnel KPI’s (traffic, conversion rate, applications and enrollments) to executives
- Analyze data to uncover insights and opportunities to drive impact and translate analysis into recommendations to marketing and product teams
- Understand and target key markets and demos through advanced functionality such as Predictive Personalization 7
- Improve prospects’ experiences and ensure a seamless user journey from first interaction with WaldenU.edu throughout the Application Portal, Walden’s Social Community, and Student-Portal
- Improve site performance and conversion rate through analysis of web behavior such as users’ content consumption, scroll reach, time on page and Click-throughs to develop A/B and Multi-Variate test scenarios (CRO)
- Understands and executes key Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies for Walden’s 100+ programs such as article/video creation and social syndication to constantly improve organic visibility across all search engines
- Co-Lead the cross-channel content marketing strategy to deliver relevant and timely content targeting Walden’s Personas, User Journey and markets
- Collaborate with leaders within brand marketing, CRM, digital marketing and product marketing to determine competitive differentiators, brand positioning and prospect motivation to ensure content is targeted, engaging and strengthens the brand
- Leverage Marketo Marketing software and Sitecore Content Management System to consistently improve Walden’s prospect/applicant contact strategy through the creation of high-priority, cross-channel marketing campaigns
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIREDTo perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to synthesize results, extract insight, develop recommendations, and present findings to senior management.
- Strong leadership and talent management skills, demonstrated success leading and growing a strong department or division
- Knowledge of best-in-class analytic systems (Google Analytics Premium, Brightedge SEO software, Sitecore CMS, Marketo, Clicktale, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with a strong understanding of direct-response marketing.
- Possess strong leadership abilities in the areas of managing and executing marketing programs and tactics
- Knowledge of acquisition and retention marketing.
- Experience leveraging web sites to drive new customer acquisition.
- Solid understanding of technology, systems, and business intelligence applications.
- Experience interfacing with sales teams and back-office CRM applications.
- Proven track record achieving results through reliance on teams, internal company matrix resources, and external partners.
- Must be passionate about technology and how Walden Marketing can leverage the latest, technological trends to constantly improve the user experience and gain competitive advantages
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of digital/ecommerce/content marketing experience and a proven track record of developing and implementing complex web strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related quantitative discipline, MBA preferred.
- Agency experience preferred with particular weight given to Account Supervision where the balance of multiple clients and product strategies was key focus
- Experience across multiple channels (SEO, CRO, SEM, PPC and Social)
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Resourceful, self-motivated individual capable of driving team performance.
- Must have strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, have excellent project management and communication skills, and be able to collaborate, multi-task, and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, intermediate SQL skills a plus.
- Experience managing strategic projects, ability to understand big picture. Ability to get strategy implemented.
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong relationship building skills. A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.