The Distribution Manager position will support the pack-out and delivery of food, and will report to the General Manager. This position ensures that hot food, snacks, breakfasts, beverages and condiments are fulfilled accurately prior to leaving the site.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for the timely pack-out of all trucks and the readiness of all staging areas. The Distribution Manager will provide training, supervision and support to all drivers, including when drivers assist with the pack-out line.
Additionally, the Distribution Manager is responsible for maintenance of the vehicle fleet, facility and equipment used during pack-out and delivery. They will monitor food safety on the trucks and bring issues to the Production Managers’ attention.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the staging area is properly setup with items that were refrigerated the night before, and respond quickly and respectfully to staging area needs.
- Ensure proper milk rotation.
- Monitor cambro tags to ensure accurate order fulfillment; identify and troubleshoot causes of inaccurate orders.
- Double check trucks for order accuracy.
- Collect and monitor field temperature logs.
Driver Training and Supervision
- Assist in the training of new drivers.
- Supervise drivers and loading of the trucks, facilitate daily driver meetings and assist in regularly scheduled evaluations of drivers.
- Ready drivers for the pack-out line, ensuring they arrive on time and ready to begin.
- Conduct periodic ride audits to ensure efficiency and accuracy in delivery.
- Serve as a secondary back-up driver when a driver is absent.
- Validate driver hours and gas receipts.
- Spot-check truck cleanliness and resolve related problems.
Equipment and Facilities
- Support preventive maintenance on all vehicles (including corporate vehicles) and keep DMV documents up to date.
- Develop and maintain list of equipment and fleet maintenance service providers; maintain fixit log and arrange maintenance as required.
- Manage inventory of utensils, small ware and other equipment being kept at schools.
- Perform a wide range of warehouse manager duties.
- Serve as the liaison between the drivers, kitchen and sales team for issues related to pack-out and delivery of food.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen and among the driving fleet.
- Effectively communicate and practice all company policies, including the “Green” waste, compost and recycling program.
- Comply with all state of Health and Safety codes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, and follow through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years experience in a busy foodservice distribution environment.
- Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper lifting techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.