Date: December 7, 2017
Job Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Western Regional Sales Manager
The WA/OR Sales Representative is responsible for implementing and managing the Company sales, marketing, and distribution objectives. The primary role of the Sales Representative is to use the variety of Patagonia’s resources to meet the individual needs of the wholesale account base to support and service the territory business. The Sales Representative will collaborate with other distribution channels of the Company and the Regional Manager to integrate resources as required. Additionally, this person will be responsible for managing a large national account in addition to local specialty dealers.
Essential Job Functions
Organization and Planning
- Determine calendar planning on an annual basis that accommodates the company and dealer needs taking into consideration dealer and consumer events, trade shows, and all deadlines.
- Arrange and manage the time necessary to complete the tasks for the company and dealers during the preseason-selling period as well as provide in-store service for the accounts in-season.
- Maintain an up to date calendar detailing a daily, weekly and seasonal schedule.
- Plan the time needed with all Territory accounts to cover business issues, account goals, support programs, ASAP sales and promotional product sales.
- Plan seasonal National Account Pre-Line meetings prior to the seasonal Sales Meetings.
- Schedule and follow up with all the support mutually agreed to with each account.
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager to determine and use all the resources applicable to support the dealer.
- Present the product line to all dealers in the Territory individually unless they are a seasonal account.
- Collect and prepare preseason orders and send them to the company for order entry.
- Write orders within the credit guidelines for each account.
- Meet preseason deadlines and sales goals for the Territory.
- Engage in ASAP and discontinued merchandise sales as required.
- Use Employee Purchase Program as needed to support the dealers’ business.
- Develop and maintain a prospective dealer list and open new accounts as approved by the Regional Manager to meet territory distribution needs and company marketing objectives.
- Develop and maintain a clinic plan for the Territory. Clinic accounts, including national accounts on a regular basis to train employees in technical, social and environmental aspects of the Company's products.
- Utilize resources and information from the Company's Visual Merchandising Group and Regional Manager to deliver excellent in-store merchandising.
- Utilize relevant company marketing and dealer support materials to support dealers.
- Clinic or visit all accounts in the territory including specialty, national and direct retail stores at least twice a year.
- Work with Regional Manager on an as-needed basis to help support other dealer events and programs within the Company's wholesale distribution network.
- Promote environmental programs with dealers and implement a minimum of one environmental promotion with an account annually.
- Develop a shared service plan for all dealers in the territory with your local associate representative.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email with manager to provide information on specific issues, sales, product information, and general economic and business issues.
- Return dealer and Company personnel phone calls within 24 hours and dealer inquiries within 48 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pound sample bags and show displays for up to 100 feet.
- Ability to travel domestically, frequently utilizing various forms of transportation.
- Ability to stare at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or sales-related field preferred.
- Three plus years of sales representative experience required.
- National Account sales experience.
- Knowledge of PC-based Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to remain proficient with use of Company’s Intranet resources and B2B tool to analyze account and territory sales.
- Maintain expertise to work with dealers using our B2B ordering tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic.
- Individual must be able and willing to work long hours and weekends during preseason selling periods.
- Needs to have involvement and knowledge of activities that the Company markets, its products, and ability to gain rapport and respect of key participants in these sports.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.