The Contracts Manager will help drive our sales contracting and deal processes. Additionally, the Contract Manager will work closely with legal and finance to review contracts, identify issues requiring legal/business approval, and drive transactions to
an efficient close. The Contracts Manager must have a strong grasp on commercial contracts and federal RFPs and be able to review contract terms and identify issues that need either a business or legal decision. The Contract Manager is a business focused professional
with a keen understanding of how to efficiently support sales and other managers. The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Director of Contracts and Government Affairs and works closely with the Directors, General Managers, Directors of Business Development,
and Regional Partnership Managers. This position is based in our Oakland Home Office.
Request for Proposals and Bid Process (~75% of time)
- Compose bid proposals under direction from department manager and in coordination with sales department.
- Help manage workflow for larger cross functional team in completing bid process. Cross functional team may include up to 10 departments.
- Provide a comprehensive review of the RFP. Develop the task plan for bid, and clearly communicate all requirements of the RFP.
- Ensure bids adequately and accurately describe the capabilities, products and services of Revolution Foods and represent company brand.
- Compile all elements required of the RFP (e.g. nutritional analysis, operational plan, pricing, certifications) and ensure timely submittal of all bids.
- Complete bids for all regional markets for review by the Business Developer, Regional Partnership Manager, and department manager.
- Learned understanding of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Varying by state.
- Maintain and update bid templates with most current information.
Contract process (~25% of time)
- Ensure proper administration of commercial, customers and vendor contracts, from intake of new contracts to sunsetting of expired relationships
- Review, draft and process a variety of agreements including Supplier Agreements, MSAs, NDAs and other assorted agreements associated with sales and commercial operations
- Help manage workflow for larger legal team, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through routing for signatures and final distribution.
- Implement policies and procedures as related to contract authorization limits. Route all contracts for approval to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for contract administration; digitize and create OCR scans of fully executed contracts; create files for new contracts; maintain legal files.
- Assist in developing and maintaining contracts database which captures important terms of all company agreements. Create and maintain contract summaries to be shared across departments.
- Learned understanding of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Varying by state. Perform other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks as assigned by the department manager.
Minimum requirements include:
- Four years working in a law firm or in a large in-house legal department as a contracts manager or paralegal. Preference for experience with heavily with sales teams on commercial contracts.
- Adept with Excel and Microsoft Word including redlining, and other contracts lifecycle management technology.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside the confines of the particular problem presented in order to achieve the desired result.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects by setting priorities and being flexible.
- Ability and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and deadline-driven environment.
- Customer-focused mentality with strong interpersonal skills. Ability in communicating with executives, internal clients, outside counsel and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain contract terms and procurement processes to other employees.
- Ability to tailor communications to the audience.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.