Director, Sustainability job in Santa Monica
Vacancy has expired
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
We are looking for a leader who has a track record of success in launching & running Ecommerce businesses in multi-channel environments from end-to-end. Your success will be based on your ability to work collaboratively within this purpose-driven organization, while delivering results.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Develop and implement strategies to drive ecommerce; build the overall ecommerce roadmap, and work with planning, product development, supply chain, marketing, technology and operations.
• Work collaboratively within the organization to ensure execution of key initiatives that lead to increased market share and profitability across all product lines and consumer segments.
• Build the team to support the business growth plan.
• Partner with Marketing to capitalize on evolving on-line marketing opportunities, social networking and new technology, while ensuring on-brand approach for the site and all campaigns.
• Drive the development and execution of short and long term strategies to drive business on the internet and integrate across Beautycounter.
• Analyze and communicate results on key drivers; utilize findings to develop both tactical and strategic recommendations and execute against those strategies.
• Partner with Marketing to drive all creative changes, enhancements, and upgrades to the site to optimize the use of customer database and customized email campaigns to drive results across multiple channels.
• Implement and develop successful on-line advertising and search campaigns to increase traffic, conversion, and repeat purchasing.
• Partner with product marketing to drive site-merchandising strategies, product development and ensuring optimal presentation of product as measured by conversion and average order size.
• Partner with IT to implement updates/upgrades to site, both operational and strategic.
• Interface with IT department on all systems related projects and issues resolution - Including pro-active, active and reactive.
• Assign aggressive but realist performance targets for the organization and vendors.
• End-to-end eCommerce knowledge coupled with a passion to drive top-line growth using web marketing, analytics and multi-channel leverage.
• Highly analytical with ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive performance.
• Savvy marketer with strong branding skills and understanding of how to enhance the customer experience.
• Previous ownership of P&L from top-to-bottom.
• Ability to flex between micro and macro level thinking and work with all levels of management; ability to deep dive into small and big issues across the whole scope of the business.
• Operationally fluent and technically proficient.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy to senior management.
• 10+ years of experience in E-commerce.
• Bachelor's degree required - MBA preferred.