Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home–style and based on real
food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use high fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, preservatives or anything artificial.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves
meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new
metro markets every year!
Position: Porter / Sanitation Team Member
- Manage the cleanliness and sanitizing of the facility, practicing proper cleaning techniques and safety protocol.
- Support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated.
- Work in the facility to maintaining a clean, safe, sanitized area.
- Responsible for leaving the production area free of all used dishware and equipment at the end of their shift. Maintain the stocking and readiness of all hand washing stations at all times.
- They will keep our bathrooms, office space including conference room clean and sanitized at all times.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized.
- An active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from food preparation to cleanup.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe operational facility free of hazards including but not limited to a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage and proper knife storage.
- Executes golden standards for all menu items per approved SOP’s from Executive Chef.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ability to learn and execute the operation of kitchen equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Adhere to company developed Good Manufacturing Practices by maintaining a clean, organized, hazardous free work station.
- Observe a safety first environment.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Abide by the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program. Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times. (See attached list of daily
and weekly duties)
- Supports staff by keeping the facility clean and sanitary.
- Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times.
- Entry level position. Previous Janitorial experience in a high volume capacity a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Knowledge of safe and proper dishwashing procedures.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.