The Prep Cook is responsible for supporting the daily production plan under the management of the Kitchen Supervisor or Lead Cook. This position is a supportive role with a focus on maintaining an efficient and clean work environment on the cook line and
in the WIPs area of the walk-in.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members and management.
- Execute production tasks as assigned by their supervisor in an organized and efficient manner.
- Supports kitchen on all prep related task work such as: cold prep for sandwiches, salads and wraps and ingredient pulls for cooks.
- Record cooked and finished yields for each recipe batch.
- Support a clean and organized walk-in and pantry at all times.
- Ensures tasting spoons are available for the cooks at all times by keeping inventory stocked in the cook area.
- Practice FIFO at all times when pulling or returning ingredients to the walk-in or pantry.
- Maintains all small wares to be available in the kitchen at all times by communicating with dishwashers’ cook’s needs.
- Practice “safety First” with co-workers by maintaining a clean, organized, hazardous free work environment.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods, food safety policies.
- Immediately and effectively communicates with management any issues or concerns that may affect food safety or quality.
- Abides by “green” waste, compost and recycling program.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to use a calculator to tally and total finished yields.
- Have basic knife skills or aspiration to learn.
- Be able to read and write English in order to organize finished WIPs, label date and store in walk in and pantry areas.
- Ability to operate and clean commercial cooking equipment (i.e. tilt skillets, steam kettles, rack ovens, mixers, blenders and food processors).