Facility Technician job in Boston
The Technician will be responsible for keeping the culinary center and its grounds in a safe, clean and in secure condition. He/she works independently and with other facility personnel to perform preventative, predictive, and routine maintenance tasks.
The technician will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be perform while supporting company's policies mission.
- Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance for all of the machinery and equipment in the Culinary Center. Ability to trouble shoot machinery equipment in timely manner. 1) Kitchen equipment include kettles, skillets, ovens, warmers and heat-sealing
machines 2) Delivery equipment include warmers, thermal Cambro units, and speed racks
- Perform regular (daily/weekly/monthly/annual) property and equipment inspection.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance for the front office area: lighting, plumbing, painting, office furniture, etc.
- Manage preventative maintenance (PM) agreements with vendors and ensure PM visits occur in a timely fashion for equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration, forklift, compressor and generator.
- Coordinate service calls with outside vendor, when necessary. Assist in monitoring all works being performed by outside contractor.
- Assist General Manager and National Facility Manager to ensure that all required certifications/inspections are up-to-date (sprinkler systems, health department, Fire Marshall, etc.)
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Responsible for equipment emergency calls during non-business hours.
- Ensure that all maintenance tools are in good working condition and stored neatly and securely. Maintain tool inventory.
- Responsible for logging all relevant activities into online facilities system (netfacilities.com).
- Ability to work within expense limits established.
- Ability to get forklift certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Manager and National Technician Manager.
- 8-10 hours shift work schedule rotating to cover weekday and weekend.
- High school diploma or GED required; post-secondary education and/or technical trade certificate a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience with pneumatics, mechanics, and electrical repair.
- Must be highly proficient with machinery that performs via computer systems with the ability to monitor, test, and maintain equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and other machine documents.
- Must be able to adapt to handle multiple assignments and projects and work to complete them with specific time frame. Proven experience managing and completing multiple projects at one time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds constantly, lift up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work in cold and/or warm temperature environment.
- Excellent reading, written, and verbal communication skills in English. Must be able to develop professional vendor relationships to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Proficiency with basic computer software and Microsoft Office program and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts high preferred. Candidate will be required to communicate via email.
- Team player with superior work history, including good attendance.
- Experience in plumbing, carpentry, and construction a plus.