Quality Control Technician job in Boston
Revolution Foods has been working hard for a decade to build a values based, systems-changing company that is on track to become the leading provider of healthy family meals across the nation. We are now serving over 2 million school meals
a week in 14 states and have a fast-growing line of products on retail shelves across the country. We focus on enabling access to healthy, delicious, affordable meals for families and over 50% of the meals we serve in schools are served to low-income students
who rely on these meals as a primary source of nutrition. Revolution Foods believes in wrapping around students and families all day to provide great nutrition and as a result serves not only pre K- 12 schools but also Boys Girls Clubs, YMCAs and summer
community programs. Integral to our success is a deep commitment to nutrition, childhood education and sustainable supply chains—things we all care a great deal about.
Quality Control Technician
Purpose: Execute daily quality activities for incoming materials, work in-process, and final inspections and testing of finish products, to meet specification and quality standards.
- Assist QA Manager with planning, prioritizing, and completing tasks; recommend changes in procedures, standards, test methods and equipment to improve quality;
- Performing analysis of raw, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection. Analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc. on an hourly basis
- Perform Pre Op Inspections and document including ATP swabbing of the production area
- Perform in-process cGMP checks (personnel cGMP, Blade Checks on the packaging line, proper tools and chemical storage, sanitizer towels storage and proper usage etc.)
- Perform all quality checks and preventive control points monitoring of the HARPC program (temperature logs, sanitation, labeling checks, net weight, package integrity, MAC adherence, package integrity checks and organoleptic)
- Work with receivers to verify the documentation of temperature and inspection of delivery trucks (Assure accurate completion of Receiving logs)
- Calibrate test equipment-Scales and Thermometers. Ensure thermometer calibration logs are complete.
- Maintain and organize Food Safety and Quality Assurance daily records
- Monitor / evaluate cleanliness and 5S standards.
- Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Maintain and inventory product retains
- Assist in environmental swabbing samples
- Complete established shelf life tests of product samples as required.
- Assist in internal and external food safety and security inspections/audits
- Inspect production room, Cooler, Freezer and dry storage for out of date products/ ensure FIFO is followed, proper allergen segregation
- Print all Food Safety and Quality logs/forms to refill binders as departments require
- Assure chemical cabinet is locked and maintain all chemical SDS up to date
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation under QA Manager’s supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-5 years of experience in Quality Control/Assurance in food industry is preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and internal customers.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Experience in creating reports, completing forms, and otherwise communicating in writing anything that may be passed on to an employee, vendor, customer, potential customer or members of management.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions and perform tasks and projects derived from written instructions. Understand, read, speak and write in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel. Microsoft Access and Power Point is preferred.
- The employee must have the ability to work with milk, egg, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, and soybean products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens.
Keywords: quality, control, food, beverage, production, manufacturing, GMP, SOP, food science, assurance, QA, QC, inspection, audits, samples, biology, safety, regulations revolution foods