Manager Events job in Baltimore
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
The Events Manager supports both the promotion and operations of events, for both internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Events Manager will serve as the main liaison between the events department and the Academic Residencies team. This includes coordinating event logistics, supporting events onsite, tracking inventory, and budget management. Your success will be measured via the outcomes of the event performance; event quality, cost efficiencies, collaboration with key stakeholders through-out the university.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain close relationship with Academic Residencies to coordinate all event logistics, and student capacities.
- Respond to student questions via email and phone
- Oversea, track and report on event expenditures
- Review and Process invoices.
- Determine scheduling and staffing for all events.
- Ensure monthly accruals are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify, investigate, propose, and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Negotiate and book event space including food and beverage, audiovisual equipment; manage event contracts
- Review contracts and assigned program space.
- Work closely with marketing department on promotional needs across department.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure optimal execution of events across all functional areas including commencement, residencies, and marketing and alumni relations.
- Collaborate on the development of event marketing plans to maximize event performance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Display professional behavior at all times while onsite at University Events.
Events Manager will manage the planning and onsite execution of events and is responsible to relay pre and post event status reports. Qualified individual will also communicate all needs of the client to the appropriate staff member as well as being responsible for ensuring proper staffing for all events.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Detail oriented
- Forward thinking in terms of planning
- Excellent communications skills and ability to multi-task
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree required with 1 year of management experience preferred
- 3 years of events or event planning experience, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Microsoft office
- Ability to communicate vision both upwardly and parallel
- Ability to multitask in high past fast turn-around environment
- Effective in meeting deadlines with management and key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple events
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Comfortable analyzing and reporting data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with PowerPoint and Cvent event management preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to event locations; approximately 50% travel - some on weekends and holidays
ref: (SB_7734) 18 days agoBack to search results