Revolution Foods is igniting a healthy food revolution and believes that all children deserve access to healthy, wholesome food. We have revolutionized the school lunch line by providing healthy, affordable and fresh meals to hundreds of thousands of students
every day and have served over 200 million meals, to date.
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where more than two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home–style and based
on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use any high fructose corn syrup, partially or fully hydrogenated oils, or artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated
to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve receive high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Currently, we serve seven regions across the country and are expanding into to serve new areas and schools
The Buyer provides support to the Purchasing Manager by owning and managing delegated aspects of the purchasing function in our high-volume Culinary Center. This position requires purchasing experience and requires the candidate to adapt that experience
to a complex business model.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following; some in conjunction with and some to support Purchasing Manager:
- Placing/confirming Purchase Order’s.
- Managing the Fruit Rotation Compliance, as it relates to purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Coordinating shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities.
- Managing the inventory counting staff overall process of taking inventory.
- Entering Inventory counts into Eatec.
- Entering Merchandise Arrivals in Eatec.
- Manage the storage and rotation of product with the Receiving Supervisor to ensure all company procedures are being followed.
- Purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Utilizes company production planning tools and resources to ensure facility accountability for client orders.
- Maintains, according to company standards, the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production facility areas.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, makes mathematical computations, and prepares production reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with manufacturers and kitchen employees to ensure food costs are aligned with the operating budget.
- Maintains monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the Culinary Manager.
- Work with various internal teams, as needed.
- Coordinate product quality issues and vendor performance with Purchasing Manager, Director of Purchasing Quality Assurance.
- Maintain positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 1-2 years purchasing and Supplier management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Bi/Multi Lingual is a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.