Warehouse Lead job in Boston
Revolution Foods is igniting a healthy food revolution and believes that all children deserve access to healthy, wholesome food. We have revolutionized the school lunch line by providing healthy, affordable and fresh meals to hundreds of thousands of students
every day and have served over 50 million meals, to date. Additionally, our CPG line can be found in major retailers like Whole Foods Market, Safeway, and Walmart.
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where more than two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are homemade style and
based on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use any high fructose corn syrup, partially or fully hydrogenated oils, or artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated
to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Currently we serve seven regions across the country and are expanding into to serve new areas and schools every
Vision, Mission, Core Beliefs
The vision of Revolution Foods is that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies. Our mission is to dramatically improve the food and food service experience in schools in order to reduce
obesity and improve health, education and well-being for students in communities across the United States.
Position: Warehouse Lead
Schedule : 2nd Shift, Monday-Friday, 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
The Warehouse Lead position will support the pack-out, distribution and delivery of food. He/she will report to the Operations Manager. This position ensures that hot food, cold food, snacks, breakfasts, beverages and condiments are fulfilled and staged
accurately for all routes prior to leaving the site. The Warehouse Lead will be responsible for printing up the packing slips and checking the daily school specific t-tags against the packing slips while staging the product. He/she will monitor food safety
before delivery by updating the temperature logs on a weekly basis should any temperature issues arise.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the staging area is properly setup with items that were refrigerated the night before, and respond quickly and respectfully to staging area needs.
- Ensure proper milk rotation.
- Monitor cambro tags to ensure accurate order fulfillment; identify and troubleshoot causes of inaccurate orders.
- Double check trucks for order accuracy.
- Serve as the liaison between the drivers, kitchen and sales team for issues related to pack-out and delivery of food.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen and among the driving fleet.
- Comply with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, and follow through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years experience in a busy foodservice distribution/warehouse environment.
- Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper lifting techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.