VP Information Technology job in Baltimore
Vacancy has expired
With a network of nearly 70 campus-based and online universities, Laureate International Universities operates in 25 countries and serves over one million students worldwide. We are committed to being Here for Good in both permanence and purpose by making a positive, enduring impact in the communities we serve. We believe in the power of education to transform lives. When our students succeed, countries prosper and societies benefit.
The Vice President of Information Technology is responsible for directing the planning and implementation of enterprise wide IT applications and business intelligence in support of critical programs like Enrollment to Graduation (E2G). This position will articulate a vision for the Global Business Digital Platform organization and lead the development and implementation of the system platforms that support the E2G program globally. This leader will collaborate with IT regional and functional leadership, across the network, to define key processes, design the architecture, oversee development and ensure alignment between stakeholders.
In order to meet the demands of the modern student, we rely upon an ever-growing and evolving technological approach. We are seeking a top-level technology expert to challenge the status quo and implement a platform that will reach students around the globe. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President of Information Technology will work with key leaders across the organization to ensure that our systems are efficient, reliable and secure. As a thought leader and visionary, you will not only build relationships with senior leadership, but also inspire and motivate your team of high-performing and engaged employees. From long-range planning to day to day operations, we require a dynamic leader who can transform their vision into a best in class IT structure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Possesses extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge in order to oversee the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a 200+ person and growing, application development organization.
• Architects the technology needed to fulfill the E2G plan inclusive of: student information system, student contact center system, customer relationship mgmt. system, learning mgmt. system, Portal and Mobile implementation.
• Directs, manages and delivers application development in support of E2G through the application of comprehensive software development life cycle processes.
• Oversees regular priority setting and governance that involves senior business leaders.
• Provides technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies. Resolve development and application issues performance levels
• Understand and develop the Business Intelligence strategy by working strategically and collaboratively with stakeholders to provide meaningful insights and data analysis
• Dynamic leadership and change agent capable of influencing the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where employees are recognized as important assets to the company.
• Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
• Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, and attention to detail.
• Strong understanding and experience with Agile and Waterfall software development cycle and development methodology.
• Substantial experience in the application of a wide variety of statistical techniques. Must be comfortable in a diverse set of data environments.
• Experience with global SIS and contact center system implementations
• Experience in a multi-national environment and ability to travel (30% of time).
• Solid knowledge of BI tools/technology market and advances
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science/related field preferred
• 20+ years within a programming and application system environment
• 20+ years of relevant IT experience
• 10+ years in an Executive leadership role including experience leading a team and setting performance goals and objectives
• Experience managing global teams, delivering large scale implementations.
• Able to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese is strongly preferred
At Laureate, we give passionate, motivated individuals the opportunity to think outside the box to impact the educational landscape and allow our students to achieve their dreams. By committing to understanding what students value and how we can improve their experience, we are driven to not only further your professional career, but also the lives of students across the globe. It is time to make your difference. We are Here For Good. For more information, visit http://laureatehereforgood.net/