The Production Supervisor is responsible for a portion of the production of the meals that we provide to local schools. The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and will lead a team of Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers
and the Porter. Specifically, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for the consistent execution of the menus and recipes developed by the Home Office Executive Chef, as well as the planning, purchasing, inventory management, vendor relations, and
reporting required for the role. The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring that their team is properly scheduled and provided the direction and motivation needed to meet the daily production and assembly of meals for the operations. Additionally
he/she is responsible for the sanitation and maintenance of the food production areas and related equipment. This is a 5 day a week operation with the facility in operation Sunday through Thursday and the Production Supervisor will generally work early morning
to mid afternoon hours 5 days per week - at Revolution Foods there are no late night or holiday work requirements!
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility and when interfacing with outside clientele.
- Maintains food production costs and price, portion, and quality assurance and control methods in a large food production operation.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Partners with manager on staff resource planning for A.M. and P.M. production lines.
- Utilizes company production planning tools and resources to ensure facility accountability for client orders.
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition compliance.
- Maintains according to company standards the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production facility areas.
- Coaches staff on proper use and care of equipment used in Revolution Foods production facilities.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, makes mathematical computations, and prepares production reports.
- Reviews and analyzes production work processes and implements corrective action for operational improvements.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with vendors and kitchen employees to ensure food costs are aligned with the operating budget.
- Maintains monthly waste log and calculate monthly costs at close of month end inventory as directed by the manager.
- Provides hands on production duties as needed/required.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Coaches employees on proper food and physical safety processes. Ensures proper company protocol is followed during injury occurrences.
- Executes all performance and coaching for hourly kitchen employees as directed by the manager.
- Ensures food and equipment returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the manager.
- Monitors cleanliness of all area’s in the kitchen environment.
- Oversees inventory control by supervising the porter and maintaining daily inventory reports.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Monitors Eco-lab and responds to monthly facilities summaries as needed as directed by the manager.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a young and growing company.
- 1-3 years culinary experience in a high unit volume food production facility; additionally 3+ years of proven experience in a kitchen management role is highly desired.
- Hands on production manager experience working in a high volume, food production facility.
- Proven track record for delivering success in adverse environments.
- Proven management experience including training and development of team.
- Experience in working early morning hours and/or a self described “morning person” as their day will start at 4:00 a.m.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.