Date: December 2017
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager of HR
Location: Reno, NV
This role will provide general support to the Senior Manager of HR and the overall Human Resources team in the areas of full cycle recruiting, payroll and benefits, and general administrative tasks. The HR Coordinator is an integral partner for maintaining the data integrity of our HRIS, Workday, and the day-to-day administration associated with the Company’s Reno-based Human Resources department. The HR Coordinator is driven to provide the best experience possible to internal employees and external candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet employees as the first point of contact in the HR office.
- Assist in overseeing the recruitment process to ensure optimal success rate in hiring and integrating new employees into the Company.
- Be the Recruiting Team’s point person for Workday:
- Hire new employees into Workday
- Track and manage all hires in Smartsheet and Workday
- Create offer letters
- Update employee information in the HRIS as needed
- Complete employee status changes
- Conduct interviews as needed.
- Coordinate first day logistics for new employees. Work with cross functional partners to ensure smooth onboarding.
- Monitor the progress of Workday tasks related to new hires and employee status changes to ensure timely completion in Workday.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct New Hire Orientation.
- Maintain and develop recruiting tools including, but not limited to: Smartsheets, SharePoint, and Workday.
- Data Analytics: produce and analyze reports to assist with business needs.
- Manage and track new badge requests and replacements.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as managing employee files and documents.
- Follow up on benefits questions, provide leaves of absence information, benefits review of insurance plans, provide 401K plan information, and submit workers comp claim forms.
- Assist with processing pay advances and employee referral bonuses.
- Assist with timekeeping and timeclock registration.
- Monitor the progress of Workday tasks related to payroll and benefits to ensure timely completion in Workday.
- Help out at BaseCamp (Reception) and conduct Building Tours as needed.
- Manage and maintain monthly content for the Media board.
- Assist with special projects as identified.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
- On an as-needed basis, ability to travel domestically utilizing various transportation methods
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- College Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or other HR-related disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years’ experience in HR.
- Experience working with Workday HRIS preferred.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- The ability to triage incoming requests appropriately, while remaining calm, composed and organized.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. The ability to write clearly and persuasively in addition to defining problems and articulating solutions within a group setting, while remaining tactful and diplomatic.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with minimal privacy and numerous interruptions in an open-concept office/floor plan.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Participation, understanding and working knowledge of the sports that the Company produces products for.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.