With a presence in 30 countries and serving more than 1 million students worldwide, Laureate Education is the leading provider of post-secondary education on an international scale. The Company is dedicated to helping its students reach their highest potential and supporting their achievement of personal and professional goals. Laureate brings to its universities and students a global perspective blended with a local point of view, creating a truly multicultural, career-oriented educational experience.
This position will work within the corporate FP&A department and interact with the corporate IT department, as well as a variety of other corporate functions and segments, to provide key financial analysis to the CIO office in support of key decision-making processes. The Senior Analyst will assist with: annual budgets, monthly forecasts, IT cost analysis, IT service pricing and charge back modeling. This position will also work in support of the global Transformation Project providing analysis, finance guidance and oversight over budget and spend activities related to these projects. The Senior Analyst will work closely with project owners to monitor budgets and project deliverables. The position will report to the Director of FP&A and will coordinate regularly with the IT project managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIREDStrong interpersonal skills, written, and oral communication skills are essential. The position will interact constantly with the IT PMO and all IT departments. Attention to detail, project management acumen,problem-solving skills, and ability to understand and articulate complex systems and business issues are also critical attributes of the job. The position includes planning and supporting a broad range of assignments.
Development and maintenance of corporate financial dashboard for tracking forecasts to budget and business KPIs
Governance for IT Projects including communication of policies and accounting standards
Strong communication skills – able to prepare and document policies and global guidelines
Assess the viability and ROI for projects and initiatives proposed by IT.
Prepare Board Level presentations for key initiatives
Review vendor contracts to confirm the business terms have been captured
Facilitate Month end close process, analyze invoice paid line items and record accruals
Provide project data to accounting to support the monthly accruals and reclass journal entries
Experience working with clients, vendors to maintain project costs and forecasts to ensure billing doesn’t exceed contract approval amount
Help to develop and administer a global charge-back and cost recovery methodology for Infrastructure products and services
Identify and communicate financial issues to management. Assist in managing IT capital projects to ensure they are properly accounted for and depreciation is started at the appropriate time
Perform ad hoc data analysis, queries, updates and data manipulation
Provide assistance to auditors as necessary
Provide assistance to Legal as necessary for drafting chargeback contracts
Supervisor experience preferred to assist Analysts on daily tasks
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BUSINESS COMPETENCIES:Ability to develop effective working relationships and influence people across functions, geographies, and all levels of the organization. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. English fluency required and fluency in other languages is desirable (Spanish, Portuguese preferred). Experience in financial reporting, business analysis, corporate finance, balanced scorecard/dashboards. Financial modeling skills desired, include preparation of cash flow statements, income statements, and balance sheets. This position will be based at Laureate's corporate headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required, CPA or Master’s degree preferred
- Previous Experience working in accounting with experience in Corporate Accounting preferred
- Skills and proficiency in data analytics using mathematical tools (i.e. databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- 5-8 years of experience with a strong analytical track record
- Understanding of budgets, forecasts, project management and contract management (Purchase Orders)
- Prior experience working with financial models, IT projects, financial systems, business intelligence or databases preferred.
- Prior experience working with internal and external auditors, familiar with SOX guidelines
- Prior experience with IT system implementation and exposure to an ERP system (ie. PeopleSoft)
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Must have experience working on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Must be flexible and client service-oriented