Be Fresh Local Market, cultivated by SPUD.CA is our retail division of cafes and markets within the beautiful city of Vancouver! Depending on the location, you can expect to find anything from speciality coffee drinks, on-tap kombucha, freshly prepared & vibrant on-the-go meals, to a smaller market stocked with organic groceries and cool local vendors. We hire nice people, who thrive on providing authentic, and special customer service experiences, and connecting with the community. If you have a passion for delicious, organic food, supporting local, and living sustainably- apply now to join our team!
We are growing and looking for a new permanent, full-time Store Manager for Vancouver, BC.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Help create a community vibe so customers make us their regular, go-to for drinks, food and groceries!
Our compensation package consists of
- An annual salary, based on experience
- 20% discount on all of our products on SPUD.CA and at Be Fresh!
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Two weeks' vacation for one year of employment (4% accrual)
What you'll need
- A minimum of 2 years in a retail and/or grocery management/GM position is a must
- Experience with budgeting, vendor management, and responsibility for P & L reports
- Ability to train, motivate, coach, and develop team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A love for local, organic & sustainable food, and building community
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.
Our Core Values:
- FIGHT to Create Amazing Customer Experiences Worth Sharing
- Have a Passion for Sustainable Food
- Be Open to the Perspective of Others
- Learn, Grow and Win as a Team
- Be Scrappy and Own It
- Find the Fun Together
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
- We package our items in reusable bins to eliminate unnecessary packaging.
- We recycle, and help you recycle too.
- We work to reduce food waste and compost.
- We buy local products and list food miles.
- We have a strict Sustainable Purchasing Policy for all of our food.
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.