GENERAL SUMMARY:We seek a dynamic and resourceful Manager, Alumni Chapters to work in our Baltimore location as a member of the Walden University Marketing Team, reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations.
The Manager, Alumni Chapters will be responsible for conceptualizing, promoting, and executing strategic marketing plans that increase alumni engagement and goodwill for thousands of graduates in key U.S. states via networking events, social change initiatives, new graduate outreach, thought-leadership collaborations, and lifelong learning opportunities. This role is anchored by exceptional customer service and leverages innovative marketing practices to energize new and existing alumni within key regions of influence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsibilities include:
- Develop retention marketing plans with strategic goals and performance metrics at a geo level to amplify brand sentiment and enhance local alumni relationships. Recruit and collaborate with regional alumni leaders to promote university benefits, networking events, and alumni services for new and existing graduates in Minnesota, Maryland/DC, and Georgia. Assume accountability for chapter budgets and resources.
- Design a suite of chapter marketing initiatives to energize and connect area alumni and graduating students. Act as a key contributor and co-lead to the regional committee of the emerging alumni council. Recruit and staff committee chairs and co-chairs. Develop and facilitate virtual and in-person chapter meetings and partner with local alumni to host activities independently (and remotely).
- Partner with public relations, government/external relations, university events, academic residency, business development, social media, career services, and other teams to involve local alumni in Walden experiences that reinforce our brand and drive chapter growth. Leverage Global Days of Service and Academic Residencies to strengthen university relations, recruit alumni ambassadors and referrals as well as to heighten the overall alumni experience. Retain chapter history and build milestones for future engagement.
- Identify emerging regions for increased alumni engagement and develop a 3-year growth plan to expand to new regions based on participation metrics, business/re-enrollment factors, faculty and student representation, and opportunities to raise brand awareness via local media. Establish a digital alumni presence for each alumni chapter (web, FB, LinkedIn, online community groups, etc.).
- Create and execute incentive campaigns and awards such as “Alumni Chapter of the Year” to recognize active and consistent involvement in chapter activities. Develop marketing campaigns to showcase chapter activities to current and prospective students, faculty, and staff. Capture and report engagement metrics that measure chapter efforts, inform communications plans, and show ROI.
- Explore and identify gaps in the alumni chapter experience and/or find creative ways to promote and optimize services/support that can raise participation. Recommend and nominate highly-motivated alumni for advanced leadership positions and recognition. Develop and manage bios, articles, videos, print collateral and other marketing assets of chapter leaders.
- Work closely with student and enrollment teams to involve regional chairs and local chapter members in positive recruitment experiences. Conduct research to understand key employers, local colleges and universities, major cities, and landmarks of chapter states.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years marketing experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment. Excels in data-driven based decision making.
- B2C marketing experience with strong oral, presentation, and written communications skills.
- Experience interpreting and utilizing market research, competitive intelligence, and business analytics.
- Fluent knowledge of content marketing, online media, industry and marketing trends, chapter management, event planning, and social media metrics.
- Able to obtain an in-depth understanding of company business plans, strategies, and processes.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to understand high-level foresight and execution/measurement of marketing plans.
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills. A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.