Assistant Product Manager, Hardgoods
Reports to Product Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of product selection and assortment planning for the hard goods product category, resulting in profitable presentations in print, online, and in our store that inspire baking. Primary functions include sample procurement, management, and product testing required to get product from initial concept to market, and product specification management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Create and maintain a new product spreadsheet to track product specifications, negotiated costs, prices, and gross margins.
- Assist in developing and executing product assortment pricing and merchandising strategies, while assisting in implementing product initiatives for each direct channel product category.
- Communicate with Project Coordinator to ensure all assortment changes driven by merchandising team are distributed to appropriate departments.
- Support the product development process, which includes packaging and labeling, from concept to production
- Assist in the development and presentation of new product demonstrations.
- Ensure all relevant information is collected for copywriting each season.
- Participate in the seasonal planning process with Product Managers
- Serve as primary liaison to ensure resolution of customer product questions or issues.
- Support communication and follow up with our vendors.
- Request, organize, and test samples on a rolling basis for current and future introduction and seasonal photography
- Track orders for quality and delivery issues.
- Oversee product research by working with Product Manager to verify discrepancies and product changes when working on development projects and/or private label.
- Manage various spreadsheets related to seasonal item specifications and multichannel information.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience with multi tasking, prioritization and meeting specified timelines
- Strong process management and analytical skills
- Ability to react to a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Passionate about the processes involved in merchandising.
- Genuine enthusiasm for King Arthur Flour mission and products, commitment to living our values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years’ relevant work experience in merchandising/product management; (in the food industry for ingredients/mixes management).
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, Excel and Word in particular.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX helpful.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel domestically.
- Must be able to assemble and transport samples for photography.
- Ability to test samples.
This position is not eligible for employer visa sponsorship.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.