Visual Product Designer job
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Visual Product Designer to join our Experience Design team. The ideal designer for this role should feel comfortable extending the Warby Parker brand into well-crafted, user-first experiences for our customers across all of our properties—from our responsive site to our mobile apps to our retail stores, and all the things in between.
What you’ll do:
- Put yourself in the shoes of Warby Parker customers first and foremost
- Create well executed designs utilizing a style guide that allows for consistent brand experiences across all platforms and devices
- Help build and maintain our style guide as our experience continues to evolve over time
- Work very closely with a team of product designers with different focuses in UX and UI
- Create prototypes using old-school tools (pen and paper, notecards, whiteboards) and new-school ones too (Invision, Principle, Flinto, Adobe After Effects, etc.).
- Participate in and observe usability tests during the creation process to help guide your designs to the best possible solution
- Partner with a department of engineers and product managers to help translate your work from design files to JIRA tickets to IRL experiences
- Work closely with the Warby Parker brand department to help enhance your designs with beautiful imagery, copy and illustrations
- Share your perspectives and insights throughout the entire product design cycle during design crits
- Present your work not only in front of our team but also to various project stakeholders and to senior leadership
- Identify key areas throughout the site that can be enhanced, justifying your recommendations with research and inspiration, balancing both user, design and business goals, and continually striving for improvements across the entire customer experience.
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3+ years of designing responsive web experiences (e-commerce experience is a plus, but not required)
- Someone with a demonstrated knack for creating quality user-first experiences and who is able to empathize with a wide range of customer needs through thoughtful design solutions
- A resourceful self-starter who isn’t timid when it comes to jumping in and leading a project with exceptional teamwork and leadership skills
- An expert in creating quality deliverables using tools like Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, G Suite, and more
- Capable and experienced in discussing a foundational understanding of front end development, established and emerging web technologies, as well as agile methodology
- A dedicated team player who enjoys coming to work every day
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)