Finance Product Manager job
Job Title: Finance Product Manager
As a Finance Product Manager you will be responsible for defining a vision, strategy and managing the execution of our internal financial systems and related infrastructure. It is a demanding and rewarding role. You will work closely with internal business stakeholders, product marketing, engineering, and various stakeholders within the larger Techstars network to ensure we build solutions that allow us to continue to scale our investment activity, create new opportunities for our business, and that are technically feasible.
We are looking for a person who is an excellent problem solver and communicator, is highly engaged and is able to speak geek with the engineers. We believe the ultimate Product Manager is able to envision, debate, and articulate product solutions from concept through implementation. Knowledge of venture capital funds and early stage investing is plus.
We expect a Finance Product Manager to think big, using a thorough understanding of our internal and external stakeholders and our business objectives to build software solutions that produce new insights and opportunities for our business. We are looking for a person who is able to work backwards from ambiguous goals and build technical products that create concrete, incremental value.
To be successful in this role you must earn the trust of others, collaborating with the Engineering and Finance Teams, building relationships, and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals. You must be able to deliver results, building and maintaining a comprehensive project schedule, making it visible to the team and key stakeholders, and driving the project through to completion. Your goal is to own the creation of software solutions that provide long-term value for the Techstars and our network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and articulate the vision and strategy for our financial infrastructure product
- Evangelize and act as a champion for the product
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and requirements of both internal and external users
- Identify and assess new opportunities that serve to further the product vision
- Initiate and participate in product definition from concept through implementation
- Engage engineering in product definition process & communicate priorities effectively to the team
- Complete build vs. buy analysis to determine how to best proceed solving technical problems
- Create and manage a detailed project plan to ensure all stakeholders are informed and aligned
- Write user stories including acceptance criteria for engineering team
- Produce mockups and wireframes, or work with designers to produce these
- Field questions from the engineering team during implementation
- Perform acceptance testing, validating the system works as defined and meets customer needs
- Understand and communicate how the product roadmap supports the desired business outcomes
- Work with cross-functional teams to collect and represent product-related feedback and issues from users throughout the product life cycle
- Balance technical constraints with product priorities to ensure engineering team is executing efficiently
- Identify key performance metrics related to the product and communicate these internally
- Partner with product marketing and other cross-functional team members to support product roll-outs
- Ability to understand big picture concepts and drive into the detail when needed to implement them
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with a variety of audiences
- Respect for multiple perspectives (e.g. user vs. engineering vs. business)
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years experience as a product manager
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Complete benefit package including profit sharing, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, paid leave, and paid holidays
- Travel as it relates to position responsibilities
- Deep exposure to Techstars’ network of 5000+ top caliber entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and corporations
Techstars is excited to add a Finance Product Manager to our team that will help us take our financial infrastructure and systems to the next level. If you’re interested, we’d love to have a conversation with you about the position.
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with an estimated market cap of over $8 billion.
Techstars is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.