Sales and Marketing Associate job in Waltham
Vacancy has expired
Sales and Marketing Associate | Waltham, MA | Available immediately
Preserve is seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to join our team. Working closely with Preserve’s leadership, the associate will have his or her fingers on the pulse of our business. The Sales and Marketing Associate has broad-based responsibilities in supporting Preserve’s sales and marketing team, and over time will have the opportunity to specialize in one functional area. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Support the needs of our sales team including mass market, natural and grocery, and food service.
- Attend to administrative elements of sales (e.g., fill out new item submission forms, review and enter orders)
- Work with sales team to prepare sales presentations
- Research new opportunities
- After essential on-boarding, introduce Preserve to new accounts and manage a book of business
- Manage and monitor ecommerce accounts including Preserve’s online store
- Manage projects that spur recycling efforts and help raise brand awareness
- Assist with development of store displays, merchandising, and promotions
- Fulfill inquiries for branding assets and company information
- Represent Preserve at tradeshow and events, confidently spreading the Preserve story to potential customers.
- Consumer / Social
- Manage elements of Preserve’s digital strategy and consumer engagement platform, including:
- Monitor and manage various social media accounts with the goal of gaining and engaging new followers.
- Working with others, create original content for newsletters, consumer communications and social media channels
- Coordinate triggered email content and programs
- Develop, run and analyze reports on consumer engagement
- Support search engine optimization and pay-per-click strategy to drive ecommerce
- Work with design team to manage and update sales tools
- Respond to inbound inquiries for donations, event participation etc.
- Prepare for trade shows
- Support public relations efforts with press releases and award submissions, etc.
- 1-4 years of experience in a sales and/or marketing role. Experience in a consumer products company a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to establish and accomplish goals.
- Diligent follow-up, organization and project management abilities.
- Experience creating and managing paid social media content including Facebook Business manager, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with graphics file handling and content management systems, Basic HTML, Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop, Advanced Excel and Mail Chimp, a plus
This is a full time salaried position with benefits including 50% of healthcare insurance and policies to support quality of life (e.g., paid community service days, generous holiday schedule, access to public transportation). The salary is commensurate with experience for an Associate level role (typically someone in the first 5 years of their career).
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take action and believe strongly in calculated risks. We aim to take our work seriously, but also to laugh at ourselves. Underlying all that we do is a respect for each other and an acknowledgement that it is our unique experiences and perspectives that make us a stronger team. We are flexible but accountable. We work hard and play as often as we can, sharing potlucks, birthdays, and tossing a Frisbee after an outdoor meeting.
The people we would like to work with are:
- Team players with a positive, eager to get‐it‐done attitude
- Interested in working for a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self‐motivated with an ability to work well under pressure
- Committed to socially and environmentally responsible business practices
- Passionate about the Preserve brand and working towards our goal of bringing Preserve products and mission to millions of new households.
To apply for the position, please apply via our B Work ad.
Please include a cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role (please include your first
and last name in each document’s file name e.g., Jane.Smith.resume.pdf and
Jane.Smith.cover.doc) No phone calls please.
Preserve is a leading sustainable consumer goods company and producer of stylish eco-friendly household products including a full line of kitchen products, tableware, and personal care products, using 100% recycled plastic and plant-based compostable materials. Through innovations in recycled and biodegradable materials and sustainable design, Preserve has been creating more resourceful ways to make everyday products since 1996. The company is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies via its Preserve Gimme 5 program. This program accepts #5 plastics such as yogurt cups and other common household containers and transforms them into new products. All of Preserve’s recycling and manufacturing is done in the United States. Preserve pioneers partnerships with premier product design, manufacturing, and sales and marketing firms to bring together thought leaders and drive industry change. Preserve empowers people to make everyday choices that are better for the earth while offering real solutions without compromise. Preserve products can be found at retailers such as Whole Foods Market and a variety of grocery and natural food stores. Preserve is a Certified B Corporation. Visit us online at http://www.preserveproducts.com