The Logistics Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all outbound shipments are routed and picked up within the designated ship window. This includes but is not limited to using customer portals, emailing freight info, monitoring outbound system processes and generating various records and documents.
What you’ll do:
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Send routing requests to freight brokers
- Use customer portals to request freight pick ups
- Create and print various documents such as Bill of Ladings, packing lists, commercial invoices, etc.
- Ensure that all shipments have proper labeling and supporting documentation. Ex. Pallet labels, packing list, etc.
- Schedule appointment times for all carriers picking up freight.
- Interact with the outbound team to ensure correct freight is loaded on each truck.
- Close out orders in the WMS as they are shipped out.
- Communicate with Headquarters about order status and possible issues
- Send ASN’s to customers as shipments leave the building.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Dedicated and fast-moving, you’re known to operate with passion, urgency, focus and integrity.
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly.
- Driven by details; well organized.
- Able to multi-task.
What you’ll need:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform all essential position duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct safety threat to others or self
- Ability to complete tasks timely and return to tasks that may have been on hold momentarily.
- Must be willing to learn new tasks and procedures
- Typical machines operated include computers, operating systems, reporting packages, telephone, fax, forklifts, etc.
- Typical physical requirements involve mostly moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds routinely and 100 pounds of force occasionally.
Bonus points for:
- 1+ years experience within the logistics industry