Executive Assistant job in Sydney
Vacancy has expired
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join our talented team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant will aid the efficient and effective running of the business.
Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, Australian Ethical is Australia’s leading Ethical investment and superannuation company. We run our business in accordance with our social and environmental charter, which has remained unchanged since 1986, placing ethical screening on all our investment decisions. We are Australia’s fastest growing superfund by funds under management and number of new members.
Australian Ethical is a certified B Corp and was the first ASX-listed B Corp in Australia. The company was recognised as one of the ‘Best in the World companies of 2017’ by B Lab. We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, employee engagement and transparency throughout all our company practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support the MD, the Head of Strategy and Company Secretary on managing the annual strategic and board calendar for the company.
• Support the MD in his public profile commitments including, in conjunction with the marketing team, preparing presentations, assisting in the preparation of speeches, and liaising with our PR agencies.
• Support the MD’s external industry commitments, including roles on the Board of the Responsible Investment Association and Superannuation Board Committee for the Financial Services Council.
• Support both the MD and the Head of Strategy on various strategic projects.
• Administration support including:
o diary management
o email management
o travel arrangements for MD and board
o time and prioritisation management
• Work with the People & Culture team to support internal initiatives/events and facilities matters, including:
o Employee wellness program
o Volunteering program
o Company events
o Ensuring the office facilities run smoothly
What you’ll need:
• 5+ years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting a Managing Director or senior management position
• Background in one of the following:
o Legal secretarial
• Understanding of project management methodology
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Software skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business and apply it proactively when managing work priorities
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously, efficiently, and accurately
• Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
• Strong ownership and “can-do”/ positive attitude
• Alignment with Australian Ethical’s values – Wisdom, Authenticity, Action, and Empathy
• A genuine interest in ethics, social justice, environmental, animal welfare, and/or charitable issues is essential
• Understanding and interest in responsible investment
• Recently refurbished office in the heart of the CBD with a living and breathing ‘green wall’ and table tennis table
• Training and development opportunities
• Regular employee wellbeing initiatives including quarterly massages, annual health checks and flu vaccination
• Fully stocked kitchen with healthy, organic produce
• Free travel insurance for you and your family
• Personal health and fitness allowance
• 2 paid purpose aligned volunteer days annually
• Generous annual and parental leave policy
Applicants are asked to forward their resume and a cover letter to Amy Tolson 02 8276 6280 email@example.com by Friday 12 January.