Manager, Learning & Development job in Las Vegas
Vacancy has expired
The Honest Company is dedicated to helping people live a happy and healthy life. Founded in 2012, we're a mission-driven company providing 100+ safe, effective, and delightful products across a wide range of consumer categories, including baby, personal care, beauty, home care, and vitamins & supplements, to a passionate community of consumers united by values and style. Honest products are available across the U.S. via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 15,000 retail locations across North America. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
We're on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives. We're a wellness brand with values rooted in consciousness, community, transparency, and design. Every day and in every way, we hold ourselves to an Honest standard. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all.
The Learning & Development Manager will develop, manage, and deliver training for associates, warehouse team leads, and managers across multiple Distribution Centers to ensure that they are trained to perform their job effectively and safely. The Operations Manager, Learning and Development will play a critical role in implementing our associate-centric leadership philosophy and support our operations teams as they facilitate rapid business growth. You will engage needed resources by building collaborative relationships, coordinate with stakeholders and integrate with the operational teams to drive innovative learning solutions.
What you'll do:
- Manage needs analysis, end-to-end design, development, implementation and sustainment planning for programs with the goal to rapidly develop a diverse group of associates and managers
- Analyze the audience, content, technologies, operational constraints and trade-offs associated with selecting the best delivery methods for each objective
- Create and sustain a model for onboarding new Associates and managers that supports associate-centered leadership, positive experiences, and The Honest Company culture
- Conduct post-learning evaluation to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution while establishing methods for ensuring both compliance and quality
- Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities
- Create and track project plans to design and deliver world-class learning programs leveraging technology where appropriate to extend access, gain efficiency and scalability
- Form cross-functional project teams that organize, manage, and execute complex learning improvement projects. Establish sign-off and approval processes for each step of the design process and ensure buy in from the field
- Educate managers on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs. Design innovative lesson plans and teaching resources that enable leader-led development in the classroom, through one-on-one coaching and through active ongoing learning
- Create and deliver train-the-trainer learning sessions as appropriate for the delivery strategy for both experienced trainers and leaders-as-teachers. Serve as a role model for excellent instructional facilitation and develop those capabilities in others
- Suggest process improvements through business owners to improve learning standards
- Partner with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure training aids reflect safe behaviors and current processes (Standard Operating Processes)
- Assist operational leaders, as required, with the day-to-day operation of the business
You'll love this job if you're:
- An exceptional communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Detail-oriented and focused. You never miss a deadline and like to get things done ahead of time
- A confident, dynamic leader. You’re known far and wide for your impressive relationship building skills
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in the areas of training design, training delivery, group facilitation and leadership development
- Prior experience with training and development within a distribution center, manufacturing, production or similar environment
- Strong instructional design, program management, facilitation skills, and ability to support and mentor others in these domains.
- Practical experience with Inbound, Outbound, and Quality Control programs and processes
- Proven effectiveness in collaborating, negotiating and interviewing business partners and Subject Matter Experts
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)