|Sr ETL Software Engineer GENERAL SUMMARY:The primary responsibilities of the Sr ETL Software Engineer include warehousing, development of physical data models and databases, distributed data management and providing ongoing production support of existing solutions, along with designing, executing, and debugging manual test plans to ensure business requirements are met. The ideal candidate must be able to perform data analysis tracking data elements from the source, through transformation all the way to the target destination. The Sr ETL Software Engineer supports delivery of business intelligence solutions, including, data marts, data warehousing, data transformations, data analytics, and supports reporting solutions while collaborating with business users to understand requirements for solutions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:The appropriate candidate for this position would possess a strong business acumen working independently and across teams. We are looking for driven self-starters who are able to collaborate across all levels and teams within an organization. Effective written and oral communication is a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including MS Access) suite required. Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus.
- Analyzes BI end-user requirements and evaluates the feasibility of these requirements from a technical perspective.
- Participates in the design, implementation, execution and debug of manual test cases using a variety of testing techniques.
- Create test cases based on requirements.
- Data analysis skills and the ability to track a data element from source to transformation to target.
- Implements data models optimizing the data-mining performance function.
- Implements Extract Transform Load (ETL) solutions using BI best practices and methodologies; identifies root causes of issues with data quality and other related issues.
- Supports the development of new software or enhances existing software and integrates into new or modified systems and/or operational environments.
- Assist a reporting team optimizing the ETL process to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Documents all phases of work including gathering requirements, database diagrams, source to target mappings and other program technical specifications using current specified design standards for new or revised solutions.
- Provide on-call production support on a rotating basis.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or at least 5 years’ of work experience in relevant field.
- Proficient with writing T-SQL statements, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views and SSIS packages implementing business intelligence and data warehousing solutions in a SQL Server 2012 environment.
- Familiarity with Oracle, SQL Server, Cognos & Tableau (or similar) environments is a must.
- Solid foundation in and application of data warehousing and reporting platform concepts with ability to recommend solutions and drive best practices.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 (including SSIS), a plus.
- Execution Skills: Contributes to continuous improvements of technology programs. The ability to understand needs to ensure technology plans are delivered as promised.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills debugging and correcting code in high-pressure situations correcting defects or improving performance.
- Time Management: Use his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.