Keyholder Optician, Warby Parker Classroom job in Dallas
Vacancy has expired
As a Keyholder Optician, you’ll strive to give our customers with an incredible shopping and ownership experience using your expertise, friendliness, and honesty. You’ll also act as a leader within the store team, helping maintain internal systems and fostering a happy and productive environment for fellow employees.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking and recording measurements and adjusting and fitting eyewear
- Verify that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards as well as customers’ requirements and requests
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames to our customers
- Comfortably explain eyewear prescription terminology to customers
- Set your store up for success each day by ensuring that all operational, service, and staff zoning procedures are executed to company standards
- Drive sales on the floor by providing above-and-beyond customer service
- Partner with store management to lead the optician team on the floor, at the Reference Desk, and in back of house
- Act as the leader on the floor, driving store vision and purpose on the floor, as well as acting as the point of contact for all customer service and operational questions
- Mentor team members by being visible and setting an example for what great service looks like
- Maintain general store systems and execute operational responsibilities
- Foster and support a productive employee culture in your store
Who you are:
- A seasoned optician with 3–5 years of experience
- An LDO in states requiring a license to dispense or an ABO in non-licensed states
- Backed by prior experience as keyholder
- Passionate about fashion, eyewear, and retail
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively—in person, on the phone, online, via carrier pigeon—all of it!
- Extremely detail-oriented and a master time manager
- Able to project a professional, fashion-forward image
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Dedicated to making people happy (customers and team members!)
- A self-starter with energy to spare
- Cool under pressure and capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities (including completing multiple concurrent assignments and handling multiple customers competing for your attention). No literal juggling of frames is required :)
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull day, and no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, and more. It also doesn’t hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Paid Time Off policy including six paid holidays
- Quarterly team performance-based incentive program
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, and workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)