Job Description- CK Bakery Support
Reports to: CK Bakery Production Manager
Position Description: Support to bakery staff, which include daily tasks, baking, packaging and inspection of baked goods going to NSM stores.
Daily tasks include slicing, trimming, labeling, and packing, and picking orders related to CK Bakery Operations. This will include operation of slicing and packaging equipment in accordance with all safety and operating procedures. Duties also include final inspection for quality defects, recording waste or shrink in accordance with CK practices. Accurate picking of final orders and recording fulfillment numbers on production and packaging paperwork is also required. Will follow packaging sequence schedule to maximize productivity and work with strict adherence to facility HACCP guidelines. Follow processes to ensure that all packaged product fits New Seasons Market quality standards! This position will work in a warm bakery environment or in refrigerated environments of 45 degrees or less with industrial noise levels, airborne flour and dust particles, and known allergens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe all facility and company policies as listed in the New Seasons Market Staff Handbook.
- Observe all Central Kitchen policies as communicated.
- Promote safety in the workplace.
- Observe sound conservation and recycling practices.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain good working relationships with Central Kitchen staff members.
- Promote a collaborative team environment.
- Department & Product Handling
- Slicing, trimming, finishing, and labeling various bakery products following CK bakery guidelines and HACCP procedures.
- Assembly and packaging of various components such as boxes, bags, containers, and products for CK bakery
- Package, label, and date finished product and potentially unfinished product for CK Bakery.
- Utilize portion control techniques to minimize waste and assure the required portions are produced.
- Follow daily production schedule. Plan and organize work load in order to meet production, packaging and delivery schedules.
- Applies principles of large scale assembly to assure optimum food quality and productivity.
- Follow all necessary HACCP guidelines during recipe production.
- Maintain high standards of food quality and appearance.
- Accurate recording of production amounts, waste/shrink and time/temperature information on hard copy or computerized data entry as required.
- Follows first in/first out procedures to assure rotation of stock. Labels and dates all food.
- Will participate in picking orders and assembling product orders for store delivery, as necessary.
- May also perform basic bakery prep tasks to support bakers.
- Maintenance & Sanitation
- Follows HACCP procedures and plans to assure food safety in the receiving, preparing and transportation of food.
- Complies with Oregon State Food Handling Laws.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation. Follow standard procedures for cleaning equipment, utensils and work area. Follows routine standards for daily cleaning of equipment as preventative maintenance.
- Maintains high standards of personal hygiene, adhering to the uniform guidelines of the facility.
- Follows hand washing and all GMP protocol.
- Operates all equipment according to manufacturer’s directions with emphasis on safety guidelines. Immediately notifies Management or Maintenance of any equipment malfunction or damage.
- Qualifications & Experience
- Proven ability to consistently and repeatedly assemble and package menu items according to strict protocol.
- Ability to utilize scales, thermometers, and other measuring devices effectively.
- Ability to accurately record any necessary food safety information.
- Ability to safely work with knives, and cutting tools.
- Ability to read & understand written instructions in English.
- Willingness to cross train and learn other skills.
- Must have excellent attendance record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, climb and reach.
- Ability to work in a warm bakery environment and occasionally in 45 degree or below environment.
- Ability to work in the presence of loud background noise.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, often entire shifts.
- Have sufficient dexterity to operate small wares and machinery such as; knives, slicers, packing machines, label machines, etc.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, carry up to 50 pounds, and push 95 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Includes working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces that can be wet and slippery.
- Typically, maintains a moderate to high noise level.
- Working in an environment that has known allergens (wheat, dairy, soy, shell fish, nuts, peanuts, etc.).
- Working and using industrial cleaning agents and equipment.
The job duties, responsibilities, requirements & conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.