Membership Associate job in New York
Vacancy has expired
We’re looking for a bright, high-potential individual to join NationSwell as a Membership Associate. NationSwell is a leading social impact media company; we work to identify, elevate + accelerate the people + the solutions that have the greatest potential to make America a better place.
This Membership Associate will play a key role in curation of the NationSwell Council - a national membership community of service-minded leaders (see sample members here) - and will have the potential to grow over time to significant operational responsibilities.
The right colleague will be passionate about social impact + innovation and hungry to be part of a talented team in a fast-paced startup environment. Additional benefits to the role include interacting with senior leaders driving change across the country and learning about innovative solutions to national issues.
This position is contract-based, approximately 25-30 hours per week, with the potential to grow into 40 hours per week within a few months and eventually full-time.
Core responsibilities include:
- Researching potential members and evaluating them against specific membership criteria (e.g. innovation + impact)
- Maintaining a consistently high volume of potential members by identifying new potential sources for members and getting creative about how to reach out
- Managing potential-member outreach; conducting smart, thoughtful follow-up; and scheduling calls between the NSC team and potential members
- Reporting on outreach activity, potential-member response, and follow-up (e.g. joining the Council)
- Taking on and executing various other projects across the Council, given interests + priorities
Potentially growing into:
- Supporting back-end financial operations and data analysis
- Managing member inquiries related to activation, renewal, profile elevation (e.g. the newsletter), and virtual engagement (i.e. the members-only portal).
- Providing executive support to CEO + senior leadership, as needed
A strong candidate will have:
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- A keen attention to detail
- The ability to work independently in an evolving, startup environment
- Proficiency in LinkedIn, Excel / Google Sheets, and Salesforce
- An interest in growing professionally while learning about all parts of a business