restaurant bar/floor manager job in new york
Vacancy has expired
Pisticci Restaurant located is a bustling Italian trattoria on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We are looking for a personable, experienced manager to help us run our service staff and bar. We have very low staff overturn and a dedicated pool of regulars over many years, creating a great community space for anyone who genuinely cares about people and the potential for hospitality to make the world a better place.
WHO WE ARE
Pisticci Restaurant is both a hotspot and a neighborhood institution. We regularly host anything from foreign delegates visiting Columbia University to first birthday parties for our beloved local community.
We are all about doing good and having fun along the way, and take full advantage of a small business' ability to adapt, try new things, be creative, and act out of the box. Here's some of what makes us different:
- We are proudly a certified BCorp
- We're a four star member of the Green Restaurant Association, who recently rated us "The Greenest Restaurant in New York".
- We are powered by wind.
- We host regular art openings for local artists, as well as live music, comedy nights, and poetry readings, run by our staff and their thriving network of up and coming artists.
- We grow seasonal greens at our own farm in the Hudson Valley, and compost our organic waste on site behind the restaurant.
- We host a weekly farm stall to sell our produce to the community.
- We are NYC's 1st carbon neutral restaurant
WHO YOU ARE
Ideally you are someone who is looking for a lot more out of a job than just a paycheck. To move our mission forward we need driven folks who embrace our ideals, share their enthusiasm with staff and customers, and can move the enterprise forward with their own great initiatives and dedication.
Your daily job duties would include new staff training, preshift meetings, bar inventory and beverage program management, sales incentives, and social media posts. This is a full time position with potential for growth, and we are looking for someone who loves hospitality and is definitively committed to the industry for the long run. You will need to be computer literate, extrememly well organized, and able to understand a financial report.