Operations Engineer job in New York City
About the Role
As an Operations Engineer at Kickstarter, you will work on our infrastructure’s reliability, resiliency, and performance. But that’s just the beginning. You will also contribute to developer happiness on a lean, friendly engineering team with a DevOps culture that values collaboration, constant improvement, and constructive feedback.
You’re always thinking about security, scaling, and backups. You’re always looking for a single point of failure. But you’re also excited to work on internal tools that accelerate development, simplify operations, and enable all employees to contribute to the product.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Operations Engineering team supports applications running on EC2, RDS with MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Ruby on Rails. We’re also building new applications and infrastructure using AWS Lambda, Docker and ECS, and CloudFormation. We believe in finding the right tools for the job. We prefer proven technology, and judiciously when to invest in new tools.
We’re a distributed team that collaborates using pair programming, GitHub, and Slack. Engineers can quickly spin up QA clusters to test and share new features. We deploy continuously and use feature flags for smooth rollouts. When something breaks, we have blameless postmortems to find systemic improvements.
- You have 2+ years experience running production web applications.
- You have experience writing and testing Ruby code, or a desire to learn.
- You have experience with AWS or similar cloud hosting services.
- You have a desire to work in a supportive, collaborative “DevOps” style to work across team boundaries to find creative solutions and ship impactful products.
- You have an interest in helping your colleagues be more productive, and bringing creative projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.