Marketing Manager, Business Development & Marketing (Washington, DC)
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The marketing manager will help develop and execute a wide range of strategic marketing activities for Arabella Advisors, contributing to strategy and planning as well as execution and measurement. Working across teams and geographies, and with a keen focus on campaigns and events, the Marketing Manager will function as a lynchpin within the Business Development and Marketing team.
The right candidates for this role will bring a thorough understanding of marketing best practices, as well as skills spanning digital, social media, and content marketing, along with event and project management. They will also have a keen interest in furthering Arabella’s mission to help our clients increase their social and environmental impact through innovative and strategic philanthropy.
Marketing Strategy & Design (~65%)
In partnership with the head of marketing and communications, and in conjunction with other team members, the marketing manager will lead or contribute to the following core marketing activities:
• Positioning & Brand eminence: Help identify and implement the most effective Arabella Advisors stories and the right methods for sharing them. Ensure messages across all customer touchpoints are aligned and consistent.
• Market Analysis & Segmentation: Research market to identify key client segments that represent priority areas of focus for the firm. Define highest needs by segment and differentiated solutions Arabella can deliver.
• Campaign Development: Develop and execute key marketing campaigns by segment, and track effectiveness of marketing programs
• Digital Marketing: Manage Arabella’s digital communications, social media, and integrated Marketing Activities Calendar:
• Develop and deliver AA social media strategy
• Schedule and manage execution of targeted communications and emails
• Optimize campaign platforms, recipient list management, system integration, and opt-ins
• Website: Work with editorial team to manage and maintain Arabella’s primary website (and any proper sub-sites):
• Manage the content strategy, creation, proofing, maintenance and publishing of website
• Ensure content on all sites is up-to-date, accurate and properly branded
• Ensure new web content (e.g., web stories, press releases, etc.) is posted in a timely manner
• Review site analytics regularly and maximize user satisfaction, SEO, navigation, and content consumption
• Proactively identify improvements to make site(s) more interactive and aligned with user(s) experience – including mobile
• Manage the Content Management System (CMS), and serve as internal advisor of content management best practices
• Competitive Analysis: Review existing and emerging competitors and their positioning to inform Arabella differentiation and creation of competitive messages
• Metrics: Identify and track core marketing metrics that drive decision-making
• Channel partner development: Research optimal partners (content, channel, etc.) and support teams in engagement strategies and mutually beneficial partnership models
• Events: Develop and implement outreach to support Arabella and partner events during the year
Marketing Program Administration (~25%)
• Event Coordination and Support
o Plan, deliver, debrief
o Manage webinar logistics and hosting.
• Implement and monitor results of marketing projects, including
o Website maintenance, updates, and analytics
o Email blast setup and analytics
o Social media execution
o Contact management
o Collateral development
o Significant physical mailings
o Published material support and distribution
• Develop and maintain SharePoint site and resources to facilitate information sharing across teams
Other Marketing / Client Development Activities (~10%)
• Conduct individual prospect and conference research by request
• Perform firm-wide target research and other market research
• Own information and logistics for firm-wide subscriptions, memberships and affiliations
• Monitor firm-wide email boxes for business development opportunities and contact updates
• Capture and document external and internal leading practices around marketing and sales effectiveness
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, including marketing or business administration
• At least five years’ experience with steadily increasing responsibility in marketing at a corporation, agency, or significant organization
• Extensive experience with campaign planning, digital marketing, and database management
• Ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks, and other digital media
• Experience with SEO/online optimization
• Proficiency in website and social media management with experience in digital creation and editing (graphics, images, etc.)
• Proficiency in email marketing and email engine software
• Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, synthesize, and report/present data
• Advanced Excel skills and experience working with various business applications such as Salesforce
• Experience and comfort with PowerPoint and InDesign
• Ability to develop relationships across offices, teams, and all levels, including executives and external partners
• Strong ability to “manage up” to drive process and compliance
• Capable of identifying and implementing necessary innovations to processes and systems
• Exceptional business-related written and verbal communication capabilities
• Well-established organization, multitasking and prioritization skills - strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness, as well as poise and grace under pressure
• Motivated professional with the ability to think both strategically and creatively, and then to flawlessly execute tactics
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and processes from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results
• Proactive, well-organized and able to lead multiple efforts
Our Core Competencies:
• [Service Excellence] The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
• [Project and Task Management] The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
• [Stakeholder Management] The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
• [Communication] The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
• [Collaboration] The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
• [Continuous Learning] The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
• [Resourcefulness] The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with other
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers wesite to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.